Pics and video of my Brushless Rampage TT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gpsed it, But it is geared for 57mph with a 12T pinion. That is just theorectical speed though, You have to factor in drag and wind resistance and this beast has a fair amount of that:laugh:. But theorectically (not even gonna pretend i can spell that word, using it for lack of a better one), since gearing choice ranging from 12-22T available it is possible for it to max out at 118mph! But again wind resistance plays a huge part in that. I know a guy with a GPS, so i will see if i can borow it some time.

That is a beast. I like the hostile tires on there.

It takes off quick and looks to have a good top speed too,

chris

Fast,can you give us more details on what you used and where you got it from.
Cheers
J.
Lovely car,great vid.

Well, it started out as aRampage tt roller that i slapped a truck body on it and added the mt bumper. The stock radio box just happened to be the right size for the hv240 to fit right in along with a reciever. The stock right angle gearing was taken out and replaced with a custom machined gear from SPD-SI that was also hardened at a local machine shop. That allowed the motor to be mounted alongside the spur lke in an 8th scale buggy. The motormount start out as a 3"x3" block of solid aluminum which was cnc machined at the local machine shop also. It had a 2215 in it to start with but it was sold and i opted for a 2217 (because itis mounted at the front, there is only enough room to fit up to a 2220 without hitting the steering). The steering is handled by a MG converted HPI 5t servo nd the brakes are operated by a JR HV servo(480 oz]in at 7.4V i believe). The disk brakes are two sets of Integy front Baja brakes that i ground down the brake disks so that they would not hit the 5t wheels, the calipers also had to be ground down somewhat also, i used the aftermarket aluminum alxe carriers for the rampage which were drilled and taped to be used with the custom machined alum blocks that it took to shim the brakes out enoguh to keep them from hitting anything or interfereing with the steering. I also used 2 sets of rear UberRC baja axle extenders to make room for the brakes to fit behind the wheels since all 4 of the 5t wheels are rears. It also has 3 novak fans on it and two servos that are powered by a CCBEC Pro which is good for up to 12s input and 20amp output. I use two Turnigy 5s 5000mah 30c lipos wired in series and connected by EC5 connectors an 8mm gold bullets, batteries and connectors come form HobbyCity based in Hong Kong. MY sources were OSE, Castle Creations, AMain, and HobbyKing\City. Pics of the build can be found at http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Fast5s/Rampaja/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks