Pinion Bolt Coming Loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterK71

Hey Gang! Put an OBR 30.5 in my DBXL (OMG IS IT FAST!), having issues with the pinion bolt working itself loose even after using blue loctite and a lock washer. I am leary of using red loctite as I don't want to break a bolt off or tear up the threads in the end of the crankshaft, any advice on what to try? Heaps of blue loctite? Gerbal with a wrench riding along re-tightening? Tack Weld? LOL

I'll give it a good wrenching down again with a new lock washer and see what happens, what's the worst that could happen??? bolt comes loose, burns hole in gas tank, spills gas all over hot car, ignites, burns to ground.... hmmmm. :unsure:

I'll give it a good wrenching down again with a new lock washer and see what happens, what's the worst that could happen??? bolt comes loose, burns hole in gas tank, spills gas all over hot car, ignites, burns to ground.... hmmmm. :unsure:

Or the bolt could break off. Lmao! I learned a long time ago that there are situations where I would never tell someone to “wrench it down”. Hahahahaha, never know, they might not know that you can get a bolt too tight and break it. Then i just cost someone money because of my suggestion.

The other suggestion is to get the original lock tit. What im saying is don't get the permatex brand and use the blue. its a better lock tit and is about 8 bucks instead of 5 bucks good luck machine head

The other suggestion is to get the original lock tit. What im saying is don't get the permatex brand and use the blue. its a better lock tit and is about 8 bucks instead of 5 bucks good luck machine head
Using the Permatex brand, gave it a fair dosing and cranked it down again, will know next week when I hit the track. Thanks for the advice!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks