Pins!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left hand drill bits help as well and your level of difficulty will be determined if you used red loctite. Try to use a bit that is the same diameter as the size of Allen it took as you want to keep the threads from being damaged. I advise not heating the screw before drilling as you will only make the steel harder and you will just burn up drill bits

Is any of it sticking out? Not sure what kinda tools you have but if I have a situation like that I would weld a small nut on it to back it out. Z's suggestion is accurate and does work just find a torx that starts but is tight then hammer it on and it will back it out

Last edited:
If the screw is still tight the pin will stay in, but you wont be able to remove the pin ever. I've been successful in drilling those screws out more then once, its not that difficult. You could also try to heat it up and then Jam a torx bit into the head of the screw and get it out.

You are the feking man! Got it first try after heating with map gas and hammering torx in! Thanks a bunch for the recommendation 👍

You too rep 👍IMG_20210701_114248448.jpg

You are the feking man! Got it first try after heating with map gas and hammering torx in! Thanks a bunch for the recommendation 👍

You too rep 👍View attachment 75338
Word of caution, be carefull about abrupt harsh impact working torx bits. The cheap crap ones from China will explode and send sharp fragmented pieces flying. I was using an impact driver and a torx bit , it shattered and buried a sliver of metal right into my cheek very close to my eye, luckily i wear prescription glasses.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks