piston and ring wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

was wondering what the averege life span is for a piston and ring on a standard c,y 23, or 26, or can just the ring be replaced if the piston is in good condition?.

Yes mate,you can re-ring the piston,its what most do.As for the life of it ,it all depends on how you rag/drive it. My ring lasted five years until i changed it,but i also changed the head as well.
If you look at DDM's site they have a thanksgiving sale,loads of decent gear at knock down prices.Saying that,most U.S dealers are doing deals for the American holiday.
good luck.
J.

really depends on maintenance, how hard you run, how lean you tune ect...

guys running on race track will tend to re ring every 5 to 10 tanks of fuel.
bashers tend to re ring when performance drops off severly. that could be in 5 tanks or 35tanks, again dependso n maintenance.

A good basic rule ..to for every 25 hours you run your engine...Rering the piston
this is just a rough..maintance thing...Of course guys that race on a track..wil do a
rering job sooner......But for general bashing having a good time...25 hours is about right
Not to say if sand dune running or dirt playing....could have you look at a rering job sooner...you may have ingested stuff thru the air filter...or just may be poor performance
...this is only my opinion...slawhammer

that can be tricky as well. getting the PROPER compression ratio isnt as easy as screwing on a pressure gauge and rolling it over. the hemispherical dome, will make the gauge read inaccuratly. their is a 2 stroke pressure gauge available which is made to give proper 2 stroke compression ratios.

with that said, a good corrected compression would be 14.5:1 some topends like the GP290 (36mm CY 2 bolt topend) will be higher at about 17:1, which is pretty high.

that can be tricky as well. getting the PROPER compression ratio isnt as easy as screwing on a pressure gauge and rolling it over. the hemispherical dome, will make the gauge read inaccuratly. their is a 2 stroke pressure gauge available which is made to give proper 2 stroke compression ratios.

with that said, a good corrected compression would be 14.5:1 some topends like the GP290 (36mm CY 2 bolt topend) will be higher at about 17:1, which is pretty high.

Good to know Tim,nice one.
J.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks