Poor mans limited slip diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroheadjones

Reading the Rules!
If you don't have the money right now to go out and buy 2 MCD limited slkip diffs you may want to try this. I have a MCD Rally car and I just recently put in a new modified motor . Too much power for me I had to change my setup I unlocked my front diff and removed the putty from the rear diff. Kyosho USA just got in a shipment of super heavy diff oil 500,000 and 300,000 . I put the 500,000 up front and the 300,000 in the rear diff almost locks the diffs up but lets them slip just enough to make your car really handle. I reccomend this to people who run their Rally car mostly on road . If you are looking for heavy diff oil Kyosho USA has it right now terrific tuning aid.

True, I tried the silly putty and it locked the diff but I wanted the diff to slip just a little so I went back to the super heavy diff oil.

a good balance between putty and thick oil is common high temp grease (the red stuff) I run that in the center diff on my AWD nitro truggy. this way if it picks the front wheels up under acceleration, the power is still going to the rear wheels and the fronts don't balloon up so bad from over spinning.

I also ran the red grease in the diff of my on-road hpi baja, but it was causing a lot of understeer so i went back to 50k oil

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks