Popped the diff and a dent!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I was in a parking lot, hammerin on the M/T and while putting the smack down on an LST...

...I don't have a wheelie bar, so I was feathering on and off the gas to keep the rear of the body from draggin the ground, the front wheels were coming back down so I hammered on it some more and that's when it happened...
...Something went poof!! That something was the rear diff assy. The plastic diff popped, the aluminum case ripped apart and the spider gears flew everywhere! What a mess! It would have been cool to watch, if it happened to someone else! lol.

I was beatin' that LST like I was his dad, he couldn't touch me, he got me out of the hole, only because I was blowin' the tires off for about 10 feet, then the tires got hot and grabbed. Instant wheel stand and I went passed him with the fronts in the air!!! Now that's a cool feeling! It was like a an 8 second street car compared to a Yugo, made him look dumb, UNTIL I BROKE!!!

Guess what kids, when you blow the rear diff... ...YOU HAVE NO BRAKES!!! Full speed 45 MPH pass right into the side of my R/T Neon!

But guess what, other than a blown diff and a huge dent in the side of my rocker panel (of the Neon) Nothing broke!!! WOO WHOO!! Now that is a strong truck! :2guns: Smartech eat your heart out!

So $150 alum. diff assy here I come! Luckily, there is a local hobby shop in Jackson that can get FG parts! Sharkie, here I come lol.

Well, enough of my ramblings,

See Ya!
Trip..

That sucks!
If only the video was running it would be worth the excitement ($$) to watch again!
Take it the housing took a dump 1st and let the outdrives shove the gears out the sleeve. Dang to see the power that slammed those out there must of been impressive.:scared:
Is anything salvageable? Mainly are any of the gears good?

LOL, not really!!!

The plastic case/spider gear holder is twisted like a barber pole, the alum diff case looks like it had a bad run in with a pro wrestler (twisted like a beer can), and believe it or not one of the spiders actually broke in half!!! I think thats what ripped the case open, but I'm not sure. The other spiders are a little on the sharp side, so I guess they were ready to go anyway. Kinda looked like shark fins.

That 28.5 big bore kit and Jet-Pro made my truck one hell of a man! LOL I was feathering the gas from 1/4 to 3/8 throttle when it blew!

When I get the upgrades, I will continue on with the quest of perfecting a backflip, I have done it twice, but the cameraman is more interested in the zoom in-zoom out function of my camera, so I can never see it clearly!! Go about 5 mph into a parking block and as soon as the front bumps into the block, punch it! She'll flip! (but do so at own risk!!!) $150 body $150 rear diff... ...Can get expensive! ha ha!

Keep on truckin'...
Trip..

That must of been some sound to destroy that much metal that fast! All I can say is "What a beast!"

the cameraman is more interested in the zoom in-zoom out function of my camera

I try telling my kids the same thing as the record for me! They also like moving it back and forth - Keep it still!:)

Hey Trip. Larrys RC carries FG Stuff i understand, they may have it on the shelf too!

Sounds like a fun time. i love trashing these guys with their LSTS and Revos thinking this big thing is gonna get ate. well it gets FED instead. lol

As for the running away.... Front Brakes anyone? ;)

I have them and they were locked up tight... But this part of the parking lot had a light dusting of sand on it. So, needless to say I didn't have alot of braking force, that is... Until I hit my car!!! When the fronts lock up you have no steering!!! I guess it is time to use the ABS system on the airtronics huh?

Luckily, nothing broke, except my groovy coat hanger, grab handle! Ha Ha!

Trip..

Last edited:
As for the running away.... Front Brakes anyone? ;)

I have them and they were locked up tight... But this part of the parking lot had a light dusting of sand on it. So, needless to say I didn't have alot of braking force, that is... Until I hit the side of my car!!! When the fronts lock up you have no steering!!! I guess it is time to use the ABS system on the airtronics huh?

Luckily, nothing broke, except my groovy coat hanger, grab handle! Ha Ha!

Trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks