Porting and Polisishin - Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Hello every1,
I have a XRC buggy with a 23cc in it. I am not satisfied with the off the line acceleration, quite happy with the top end.

I have been looking into fitting a zenoah or cy but my local hobby shop believe they can increase the power of my engine by more than double by porting and polishing it.

Has anyone had this done or know a bit about it?

What are you opinions?

I think im going to try it because its allot cheaper than fitting a new engine to the buggy but just thought I see what people think before I go ahead.

They cant confirm price 100% but its around $75, just porting and polishing of inlet/exhaust valve area to make it breath better. From what they tell me it makes a BIG difference.

Yeah, like BTB said, get a 26cc head kit for it. They are not that much more expensive and, you will definitely get more power...
I run 23cc on my on-road and it works out fine, but for my buggy i go with a 29cc for power..

Chris

No offense here, because I can only go by what others have said about the XRC's but I would consider beefing up the drivetrain before going crazy power... been there and went the other way first. Then got mad at breaking stuff every 10 mins. clutch spring is cheap. I did that with a stock 26 in my mt and added a pipe. That extra bit of rev you get for what $8 for the spring will make a big difference on take offs

No offense here, because I can only go by what others have said about the XRC's but I would consider beefing up the drivetrain before going crazy power... been there and went the other way first. Then got mad at breaking stuff every 10 mins. clutch spring is cheap. I did that with a stock 26 in my mt and added a pipe. That extra bit of rev you get for what $8 for the spring will make a big difference on take offs

I will definetly try the red clutch spring.

I don't think ill go down the line of engine change before trying clutch spring, pipe, maybe even change head or port.

don't listen to Barry! Go for the biggest engine you can. And when the drive train does blow it will be spectacular!!!....BOOOOOOOOOM!:devil::devil: :scared: :scared::lol::lol:
J.

lmao. probably good advice as I am a pussy. and cheap. If I had your money James, I'd have ported 4 bolt zenoahs in all my 5th scales ;) and an mcd, a cleon, maybe a hurrax etc etc

LOL, might be spectacular to watch but wouldnt do the back pocket any good (or my marrige for that matter).

Hopefully I get the tuned pipe from the states sometime this week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks