Possibly the BEST ENGINE NOISE EVER!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

I actually encountered a very similar set-up at the first Indianapolis F1 in 2000.
The Americans were HUGELY receptive at us egoist Europeans with our 'Ours Is Better Than Yours' chips on our shoulders - at the time.

Generally, none could believe the noise of the F1 cars firing up in the pits - I was opposite for qualifying.
Once they started coming around on the banking at up to 220mph the noise was obviously MUCH more intense, then DC went out in the Macca - I had tears of pain and joy - NEVER heard anything like it - before or since!!

After this, I always remember having full coverage of the whole 24 hours of the 1999 Le Mans when in Spain, then these guys were the kings.

Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
i,ve been to a good few f1 races and lots of test days, the noise is amazing to say the least ,and its hard to explain to someone just how loud they are the t,v do,s them no justice at all. as for any supercar they just don,t come close to sounding as good.

I've never gotten to experience an F1 race in person but one day I hope to. The sound that those cars put out is simply beautiful.

That's what I'm trying to - and failing - say!
The 'normal' F1 car is amazing - V10's still rule wherever they go despite several years of 2.4 V8's
The thing with the Macca was that they were obviously playing with the aerodynamics OF THE EXHAUST somewhere that fundamentally changed the sound - to any musicians there's an extra harmonic 'scream' on top of the standard V10 howl - FANTASTIC - I LOVED EVERY SECOND - IT WAS AMAZING.
I lament the passing of the V10.

Why is it that whenever an F1 is shown off to a 'new country' it's always a V10, not a current V8? Faths me off quite frankly.
Doubtless also they permit the previous 20k revs, not the limited 18k of the current 2.4 V8's !!

Al.

i went to a festival of speed at the liverpool water front last year there was a v12 4.2 super league car running there it sounded amazing it was a lot like an f1 car , not sure if the super league series is still going now tho,

Last edited:
Great sounding road car, agreed.
There are plenty.
I still LIKE the Gallardo on full chat, but the LP640 Murcielago is pretty insane.
Then there are the various incarnations of the Pagani Zonda.
Lower down the scale (!!) the various Aston Martins, V8's and particularly the V12's are great sounding ....
Racing cars are amazing 'though.
I remember being at the Jaguar Goodwood Festival of Speed some time ago - perhaps 10? - and being next to the McLaren M8 CanAM - I could even see water condensing out of the air with the pull on the trumpets into the inlets!!
Amazing BIG V8 sound ...
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks