Post Pictures Of Your Large Scale RC's Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those are some awesome setups you guys have there.... here's the one I stuck with.. Too bad it was painted on the outside...

BLMT1.JPG

BLMT2.JPG

I bought that from a buddy last year with a firehammer... too bad it's painted on the outside.... guess they made it really according to scale.. haha.. so real paint chips are on there too... :)

here is mine. (updated from page 4) just a few redcats.

Attachments

• widow maker testing 004.jpg
    widow maker testing 004.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 105
  • widow maker testing 003.jpg
    widow maker testing 003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 78
  • widow maker testing 006.jpg
    widow maker testing 006.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 78
  • the widow maker project 061.jpg
    the widow maker project 061.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 90
  • the 3 migs 008.jpg
    the 3 migs 008.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 84
Miami squad

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Attachments

• money 251.jpg
    money 251.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 61
  • money 252.jpg
    money 252.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 50
  • money 238.jpg
    money 238.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 61
  • money 248.jpg
    money 248.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 51
My Marder. Standard apart from K&N filter which is soon to be replaced with foam. Those are M8 penny washers where the clips are. I have super glued them to the shell to stop it splitting - seems to work quite well!!

Attachments

• DSC01624.jpg
    DSC01624.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01625.jpg
    DSC01625.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01626.jpg
    DSC01626.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01627.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01628.jpg
    DSC01628.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 48
My Marder. Standard apart from K&N filter which is soon to be replaced with foam. Those are M8 penny washers where the clips are. I have super glued them to the shell to stop it splitting - seems to work quite well!!

Just slip a TGN red neck over the K&N mate....

Those XRC's look pretty tasty,I like them. give us feedback on the toughness,parts and performance of them.
J.

Forgot about the feedback LOL. Sorry.

Well here goes ive run 5 litres through it since buying it and here is what I found.

- If your not going to jump big this is ok
- outdrives, dog bones and axles wear allot, cheap to repalce though
- very underpowered, needs tuned exhaust to help it breath better
- strong chassis plate, nice and thick
- all 5 shocks are bent and leaking, unrepairable, upgrade the shocks before getting even small air
- change the stock air filter, its rubbish and will hurt your engine quickly if you run in dusty conditions
- rubber hose for exhaust breaks really quickly, upgrade this ASAP
- everyone says the spur and pinion gears go all the time but in the 5 litres I ran through mine they are hardly showing signs of wear

I recently purcahsed a FG MB from DDM and have sold the XRC to my cousin who bashes with us every week.

Hopefully I can continue to see how it performs as time goes on.

great story.im sure you will have plenty more in the years to come.awsome.

Timmahh- you're close, it's a 66'. :)

I contacted Shelby Motors, and at that time, he was starting up the "continuation series" of Cobra's. I asked if he had any parts from the past for sale (I thought, ya, ,...right) !

I was able to talk with the legend, Mr. Carroll Shelby himself. Being such a great man and a icon of racing, I felt and always will, honored ! He asked what I wanted to purchase, I replied jokingly, "a engine". He said he had 5 from the "old days" and said, "pick one". I about fainted. He raced these engines in 1967. I asked to speak with one of his engine builders. He emailed me the stats/specs and brief history, picked one and had it shipped home. The only parts missing was the sidewinder intake, Cobra oil pan and balancer.

I left it stock for 3 years. The automotive touring group, "Americruise" came to Lincoln with apx. 3,000 muscle car's and Hot Rods. A bunch of us car nut guys !!!, had breakfast, pulled onto 27th street and boom,...I thought damn ! I shut her down, pulled onto a side street, saw nothing wrong and went to the show. The next morning, I took off the valve covers and the rocker shaft at # 1 cylinder was broke in half ! The reason,......Ford for some reason did not have support stands on the ends, just the middle ???
To my amazement, both intake and exhaust valves were frozen shut, and the exhaust push rod was bent 90% inside the manifold ! I asked the engine builder that machines the sprint car engine, what he thought happened, he was dumbfounded too. I could see one valve guide either splitting or had shrank therefore freezing shut but, not both at the same time ?

Anyway, these engines were the top dogs in racing (along with the Heim's) but the push rods went through the intake manifold which made them all most straight on, not angled. It made for a better design. So, since I had to take apart the whole top end, I rebuilt it in 2003. It now had 563 HP at the wheels. Weighs 2400 lbs. Which = fast !

Best 1/4 mile- 10.38 at 134 mph.
Top speed- 164 mph at The Kansas Motor Speedway. (both on track tires and both tracks are a long story)

http://www.myspace.com/427shelbycobra

http://www.motortopia.com/427hiss/cars (girls, wife and my 427 Cobra)

http://www.motortopia.com/427hiss/cars (vids of giving the RC to my buddy and my 427 Cobra)

I was able to do all of the car except the engine machining and a great friend helped me assemble it.

I custom mixed the blue and added pearl to the white stripes. I also made several aluminum parts on the car. (see photo's)

I've built other cars over the years but, my Cobra is just a kick in the pants fun ! Like a skate board on wheels.

I love to go to shows with family, friends and talk to other owners of their cars. I let most people, including children, sit in the car and sometimes, let them fire up the engine. That's what shows are all about, the sharing and comradely with others. Trophy's are fine but I enjoy the time spent with car enthusiasts the most.

A friend and I are planning on starting car shows with no awards, any vehicle can enter, free to the public and just have a great time ! Hopefully we can accomplish this.

I have a long,.... Story from my first show. It's about the "Jerry Lewis Telethon for Muscle Dystrophy". I took a young man that is the "Ambassador for MS" for a ride in the Car. "My favorite of all time", he said. Sadly, he succumbed to the disease 4 months later. All of what happened is a great memory I'll have forever, and no trophy in the world can make me feel better than sharing the love of car's and time spent with, with Brian.

Thank you,
Kevin

Forgot about the feedback LOL. Sorry.

Well here goes ive run 5 litres through it since buying it and here is what I found.

- If your not going to jump big this is ok
- outdrives, dog bones and axles wear allot, cheap to repalce though
- very underpowered, needs tuned exhaust to help it breath better
- strong chassis plate, nice and thick
- all 5 shocks are bent and leaking, unrepairable, upgrade the shocks before getting even small air
- change the stock air filter, its rubbish and will hurt your engine quickly if you run in dusty conditions
- rubber hose for exhaust breaks really quickly, upgrade this ASAP
- everyone says the spur and pinion gears go all the time but in the 5 litres I ran through mine they are hardly showing signs of wear

I recently purcahsed a FG MB from DDM and have sold the XRC to my cousin who bashes with us every week.

Hopefully I can continue to see how it performs as time goes on.

Thanks mate ,but after I posted that I done a bit of research on them and realised they were crap!
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks