Post your 5T/5B custom paint jobs here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine.

The black body isn't really a paint job. Just the standard black 30 North body with Losi decals/liveries.

Second gray body is a clear 30 North body w/ a silver painted cage and Honda Gray Anvil coloured body paint.

Attachments

• bkbk1000.jpg
    bkbk1000.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • bkbk124553.jpg
    bkbk124553.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bkbk412524362436.jpg
    bkbk412524362436.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 26
Here's mine.

The black body isn't really a paint job. Just the standard black 30 North body with Losi decals/liveries.

Second gray body is a clear 30 North body w/ a silver painted cage and Honda Gray Anvil coloured body paint.

Is the grey one painted or is that color of plastic? I was just thinking the other day how nardo grey would look awesome on these bodies!

Is the grey one painted or is that color of plastic? I was just thinking the other day how nardo grey would look awesome on these bodies!
It's painted using Honda CRV Anvil factory paint. The 30N bodies are a MAJOR pita to paint though. It's rough oily surface makes it really difficult. The fact that the body is flexible means the paint will peel easily if you get into a crash. This is the main reason people usually choose to go with the wraps instead of painting it.

We paint flexible plastics for automotive use all the time, plenty of primers, and flex agents to make paint stick to all sorts of plastic. Just cannt be a cheap arse about it and you need to know what type of plastic you are painting.

It's painted using Honda CRV Anvil factory paint. The 30N bodies are a MAJOR pita to paint though. It's rough oily surface makes it really difficult. The fact that the body is flexible means the paint will peel easily if you get into a crash. This is the main reason people usually choose to go with the wraps instead of painting it.
why shouldnt the paint flex with the plastic?

Im lazy, just did a wrap from darkside studios on a 30 degree north body panels

Attachments

• PXL_20210825_002110168.jpg
    PXL_20210825_002110168.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks