Power switch from battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Alright guys, one of the issues with the Raminator I thought I was safe from bit me today. The inline switch that goes from the battery into the wire harness has failed. For absolutely no reason at all. Took my daughter to the park so she could run her Stampede and I ran the Raminator for about an hour. Towards end of my run, well what ended my run, truck all of sudden just shut off. No power anywhere. Trouble shot and sure enough the switch is randomly now bad. I have to really mess with it to get the truck to come on and then put pressure on it to stay on. Soon as I take pressure off the switch...truck has no power. So clearly the switch. I know in theory I could just bypass the switch and use the battery plug as primary on and off...but like the ability of a switch. Anyone know where I can find a replacement switch similar to this I can wire in that will last. This one was never hit, smacked or anything. Just failed after doing some donuts in the dirt. Blew it out with air to see if maybe just dust on the contacts but no joy.

So what you fellas recommend?
Here are 2 pics of it.
20210328_160208.jpg
20210328_160228.jpg

I bought this one to mod my rampage xt as the battery box top is held by bolts and a major PITA to access. This way I can leave the NiMh in and use this as an external charge port rather than taking the battery out.

It looks to be the same as you are looking for. Think you can probably find free shipping from other vendors. I don’t think I paid shipping or it was very negligible.26E150C1-D0FF-4F3E-9E5F-8C7ED4839CFD.png
I guess this is the actual one I bought, better deal.

91DD030F-5C84-4129-942B-C974AE786F24.png

Last edited:
Thanks fellas! That top one Bizzer looks exactly like my stock one. But for the sake of sanity I think I will go with the one Sean recommended.

This it Sean?
Screenshot_20210328-192546_Chrome.jpg

Also super smart idea having plugs on each end vs hard wiring it in if there is another switch failure. What causes these switches to fail so darn quick?

So nuts that these ones one the Raminators just crap out...I wonder if it is due to vibration, bouncing around with the truck and dust. Mine was fine then after a series of Monster Jam style donuts and so much dust I couldnt see my truck...a few mins later it kicked the bucket. Such poor timing..I had told my daughter she could run it since she went through her batteries on her Stampede...literally 15 seconds in...failure. Poor kid was like..well that sucks. ??

My switch is arriving today...is it directional as far as wiring, i.e. it has to have the current flow a specific way for it to work? Or can it be wired with either side to the battery?

I bought this one to mod my rampage xt as the battery box top is held by bolts and a major PITA to access. This way I can leave the NiMh in and use this as an external charge port rather than taking the battery out.

It looks to be the same as you are looking for. Think you can probably find free shipping from other vendors. I don’t think I paid shipping or it was very negligible.View attachment 71717
I guess this is the actual one I bought, better deal.

View attachment 71718
THE KILLER RC POWER SWITCH IS THE TICKET, BUT IT DRAWS POWER FROM THE BATTERY AS IT HAS A LIGHT ON IT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks