Predictions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fg-lee

Anyone care to comment on where they think largescale will go next.
4/5 years ago on-road was all the rage now it seems very quiet.
Baja,s and monster trucks now seem the in thing and been that way for a while.
I sold all my on -road stuff ( 4 cars in total ) for next to nothing.
Had a Ferrari 360 sportline brandnew in the box as it came and could not get 300 quid for it ??
Just wonder what will be next..
Think it has been mentioned before hope companies don,t just add a few bits, call it a new model and hike the price up.
mind you the so called new MCD CHEETAH is growing on me.:(:(

The HPI and clone type baja's seem to be the in thing at the moment but I think the new FG Leopard will shake things up a bit as they become more available and start creeping onto the 2nd hand market.

The clones market will continue to grow over the coming years due to their excellent value for money. Yes the build quality is not consistent at the moment but if they can resolve these quality issues over the next few years I can see them being a major player, particularly KM in the UK. Times are hard so these represent a way into the hobby that wasnt available 5 years ago and an all alloy KM for £500 is a bit of a bargain. When parts do fall off they can be replaced with HPI so the spares back up is already there.

i think within 5 years hpi will have woken up and come out with a 4wd platform, however it'll be 25% more money than an fg or mcd but will still sell cause its hpi. now being in the large scale ranks it seems it takes a year or so for the large scale stuff to follow the smaller stuff. we are just now starting to see short coarse trucks, and i think we will see more electric stuff, but i think (and hope) it'll be a small corner of the market. its hard to say if large scale will keep following the smaller scale trends, the small scale offroad world has so many different vehicle classes, i think it'll take a while before that calms down and soon after large scale will follow those trends.

as for powerplants, as i said, electric will be around a bit more, but i think the biggest thing we will see is the introduction of 4 cycle engines because of the enviromental concerns of small 2 cycles.

I think nitro will disappear because they are hard to live with etc etc. Main reason people bought them was that nitro had more hobby than toy feeling and ofcourse real engine noise. Largescale will take nitros place as A rc with noise smell and real feeling. Electric is real winner, atleast if accu technology will be cheaper.At smaller scales they are already winning but in fifth multiple cell lipos are still too expencive. I think 2-stroke will be longlong time because if they try to disallow it, chinese make masses of them anyway.... Local hobbyshops are losers because internet sellers can sell products with minimum expenses. 2wd will have its own place but 4wd will take maybe 3/4 of markets. I would like to see BIG crawler. Maybe big crawler is next hit. Hpi will be that 2wd basher for A long time and they could do monster truck but I think that is going to also be 2wd. FG gotta redesing their products and step out of 1/6th scale because... bigger is better. I think FG will have only 4wd cars. Nutech is going take major piece of 4wd markets. What I would really like to see is better protection on gearing, engine and whole chassis.

i cant see much changing large scale wise but theres going to be big changes to laws and running in public places its hard now thats with no law large scale is so popular at the momment and its getting stronger clones are making it easy to get into and cost half the money of the fgs hpis and mcds ect but i would like to see a 1/4 scale water cooled 4 stroke monster truck

Some interesting ideas !!
I like the large scale crawler idea.
4-stroke engines ... water cooled, oil reservoir, multivalve ... all starting to sound .... complicated .... expensive.

I have 10 electric vehicles of various descriptions - tanks, cars, trucks, etc.
The biggest is plain scary - a LWB E-Maxx all alloy (of course !!), so the thought of a LARGE SCALE electric, available in small quantities as conversions already, doesn't appeal to me.

I would certainly like my '1/6' MT, really a 1/7 in reality I suppose, to be a 1/5, 4WD, realistic MT, more akin to Grave Digger, Blue Thunder, Taz, etc., ... Max Destruction / Goldberg of course, including their suspension set-ups.

The main thing is WHERE are be going to bash these leviathans?
Simplicity and ruggedness is the key - reliability and cost.

How about .... a 4WD Jeep with MONSTER POWER, to go cliff racing, water crossing the Icelandic way? !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Al.

What about 2 stroke going the other way and being found in 1/8th & 1/10th scales in the future to replace the nitros? How cool would a 2 stroke tamiya porsche 959 or monster beetle be for taking away on holiday :w00t:

2 stroke gas wont move to the smaller scale stuff. components get far too small and it wont make near the power of a glow engine. i have to disagree that nitro will be gone completely and replaced by large scale. first off large scale is to expensive for most, 1/10 and 1/8 scale nitro cost less than half of a large scale, and lots of people still race and enjoy nitro. electric isnt really the big winner, for a lot of people it doesn't give much interest. ive been there and done that, doesn't hold any of the same thrills as nitro. it actually takes some time and skill to run nitro stuff, something that the rtr generation of this hobby doesn't want to deal with.

The problem with electric is the lack of noise. With large scale you get a proper noise from a proper engine :D I would love a 1/10th or 1/8th scale 2 stroke for taking away in the motorhome.........I can feel a custom build coming on when I get some spare cash!!

Last edited:
i would also like to see someone make a twin engine 4wd 4ws monster truck loads of power none lost via trans due to twin engines massive wheels good ground clearance ect then roar it through the wetest muddy bog on earth

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks