Prevent the engine from moving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waqr

Hi!

I have had problems in the past with the engine moving on the chassie making the distance between the diffgear and the smaller gear to great which results in broken teeth on the gears. I really don`t have this problem right know but since I`m upgrading to a more powerful engine I`m afraid this problem will come back. What are the best things to do for preventing this?

This is what I have done so far:

1) Installed aluminium engine mounts
2) Installed an aluminium gearplate

I`m also thinking of investing in aluminium diff carriers. I fígure this will help to stiffen up the drivetrain since you can fix the "triangel" more tightly, am I right?

Please complete my list with upgrades that prevents the engine from moving around.

Thanks!

I never had the problem even with my plastic mounts.:no:
I can say that it is best to use locktight on the motor mount screws and watch that the diff support plate (the one connecting the diff carriers to the large motor mount) does not loosen and let the rear flex.

I also use 3M spray adhesive under the motor mounts to insure they are stuck a bit more then just fastened. I don't see why someone couldn't use red lock tight between the frame and motor mounts.

Just a few ideas.:blush:

You could also make a support plate out of thick stainless. I did since the hole that is at the large motor support plate mount kept rounding out.

Make sure the bolts on both sides of the motor fastening the side plates stay tight and are installed. They also keep the motor from moving.

alloy diff mounts, so where the brace screws into can be locktited as mine was always comming loose, tomorow i will test the alloy rear end and see how that goes

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks