Pro bite clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

IMG_20210905_111834.jpgHi guys I've installed the MCD Pro bite clutch on my full mod 30.5 rooster tail engine, the poopy MCD instructions didn't help, in the clutch kit that came with the car, there was 4 long & 4 short therded contecting Rod's, IMG_20210905_113355.jpgIMG_20210905_132006.jpg I figured that you have to use 3 long ones & one short one, the shorter one went on the centre diff side at the Top, because the bit with the numbers on takes up the rest of the space. As far as I could figure out, using the shorter silver connecting rod where I did was the only way It would work, just checking if my assumption was correct, thanks guy's, I think I've put enough pictures of what I'm trying to explainView attachment 77815View attachment 77816IMG_20210905_113224.jpg

Cool thanks Doug, I'll have to change, the pull it apart & change support Post's, good thing I checked with you guys, MCD should supply fitting instructions,
I was concerned that I we wrong , when I saw the pictures that you & crucial posted yesterday, I noticed that both of you guys used the shorter silver connecting rod,
So with My 30.5 I should use all the longer gold stand offs
I was concerned that I we wrong , when I saw the pictures that you & crucial posted yesterday, I noticed that both of you guys used the shorter silver connecting rod,
So with My 30.5 I should use all the longer gold stand offs
My 30.5 is a Reed case, Damo from rooster tail has used the same obr Reed casing as on your motor in the picture U sent me, so I'm a little bit confused on witch stand offs to use

Last edited:
I was just talking with Franco from MCD Australia, he was saying that my car came with a thicker stronger stiffner plate, that's the bit with the numbers on the connects from clutch housing to centre diff, so I do have to use 3 long stand offs & one short one, so now I'm really confused 😵😵😵

ok so i guess you have it covered (y)
I'm still unsure weather I've put it together right or not, the car rolls freely, spur gear & pinion gear r not to tight, tiny bit of play between them, my stiffner plate looks to be the same as your & crucial car, I don't want to Run the car till I'm a hundred percent sure that it is right

run that thang
Nice little vid there Doug, I'm going to pull motor out again, see if all four shorter stand offs will work, the way I have it now, hole number 85 on stiffner plate didn't quite line up nicely with the screw hole on centre diff housing, I had to loosen of engine mounts top & bottom , put screw in hole 85 for the stock gearing, then tighten up engine mount bolts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks