PROBLEM WITH DDM Dominator Pipe for MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mik3y

I just got my DDM dominator pipe. I have the FG competition MT with mechanical brakes.

The rear brakes have a plastic carrier which joins the cable linkage and this is getting in the way of screwing in the pipe which uses the same bolt.

Does any1 have a solution to this problem???

Would a jetpro pipe offer a better fit?

Ok, you see where your SIDE MOUNT Screw is? Well I have my REAR Mechanical brake coupler there and its getting in the way.

21m7v9e.png

11ah1k5.png

you see, that plastic carrier which couples the 2 rear brake cables is NOT allowing me to line up the rear bracket of the pipe. =(

AND i cant move the plastic brake coupling to the front because the brake cables are not long enough.

UPDATE!!! After hours of work, i finally figured out how to install the DDM pipe.

Basically, I took the rear brake plastic coupler and turned it 180 degrees around. Look at the previous pictures I posted in the previous post to see exactly what I mean.

I still need to "expland" the hole in the DDM pipe but I will do that tomorrow. Otherwise, the pipe fits perfectly and has good clearance with the rear shock tower.

11htrtg.jpg

263vtbl.jpg

2uij4u8.jpg

qp2mmv.jpg

2gwe0bn.jpg

23usl04.jpg

im also completely rebuilding my baja right now and my DDM package arrived today!!! Weekend will be busy !

This is a great solved problem. YOu should make sure to link this thread in a email to DDM. That way they can update the web site or package for 4wd owners. Good job. (thumbsup).

Can't wait to hear what you think of the new pipe...

This is a great solved problem. YOu should make sure to link this thread in a email to DDM. That way they can update the web site or package for 4wd owners. Good job. (thumbsup).

Can't wait to hear what you think of the new pipe...

@BTB

thank you very much. I will post up more pictures of the modification process soon

Great work with the 'inspired obvious' thought of 180'ing the cable mount.
I had the same problem.
I didn't go ahead as I was worried about being too close to the throttle bar - any problems here?
Alan.

Alan,

The throtle linkage and the brake are close to each other in this "modified setup" but they do not touch or interfier each other. I had to "Re-bend" the metal linkage wires but that was it.

UPDATE: Installation of DDM Dominator Top end pipe is complete and went smoothly without much complications once I figured out how to modify the rear brake cable linkage. I am including some pix of the mods that I had to do in order to make things "fit".

Overall conclusion: DDM Dominator pipe definatly LOOKs & FEELs nicer and has a solid contruction compared to the stock FG Competition pipe.

2a0p46.jpg

20k6bf7.jpg

2zewnbc.jpg

34iivkl.jpg

2r7n383.jpg

rhqsns.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks