problem with my baja:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziurol

Why it overflows candles all the time ? It does not want to run on factory setups !! In order to it run I must turn back screw (L and H) about 1/4. Now I have L - 1 and 1/2 and H - almost 1 and 1/2 , but I read that should be L - 1 and 1/4 , H - 1 and 3/8. What wrong?

Well if its a little colder by you its due to the weather cold= more fuel warmer = less so all in all u do have to richen the needles in the cold weather

As long as you find the sweet spot then don't worry about factory settings...they're just a point to start from...as murph said if it's cold where you're at you'll have richen it up, cold air is dense=more O2=more fuel. Also if your near sea level the same will apply as air gets denser at lower altitude.

I drive on a car parking in Shopping center
There it is near 0 degrees.
Today evening I'll add photo my air filter and candle, in my opinion there it's too a lot trails of fuel.

What colour is your plug tip when you pull it out?
You want to do a plug chop, get engine warm, run at full throttle for 3-5 seconds and stop engine as quickly as possible...check the plug colour, black is too rich, grey is too lean and chocolate brown is just right. If you are having trouble holding tune then you may have an air leak

my new plug&air filter after one ride ( about 1h):
imgp5314kt8.jpg

imgp5315aox5.jpg

Last edited:
Filter is normal. You will have some oil residue build up in it.:)

The plug is just about there as well. I run my motors just about where yours is at. Can we get a photo of the plug from the top? This way we can see the full color of it.

My opinion is you are in the safe zone and unless you are finding it running poor or bogging I think your ok.:cool2:

All motors and carbs will be slightly different. All stock settings are to get it to run and tune from there depending on pipe and engine.:)

I run mine to the point where the whole tip of the plug is chocolate brown, but I check my plugs after 30 seconds of high speed running to make sure it's brown at that high rate of speed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks