Problem with throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heyday20

Hey all, newbie here. Made the mistake of upgrading before I even started my new KM T1000a. New to gas, new to 1/5 scale. Thought I installed the yamadude throttle linkage correctly but not sure. When I first switched the receiver on and began steering wheels left/right there was smoke coming out what I think is the throttle servo. This was all before I even started the engine for the first time. Engine starts up fine but nothing happens if I throttle forward or back. It won't accelerate or backup. Am I doing something wrong or did I fry the throttle servo? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
If the trottle servo wasn't in it's neutral posision when you mounted the linkage,than it's possible that the servo is dead.

Sorry to hear.

Any time you mess with the servo linkage and you have the horn off you always turn car on and radio and center the servos before you make final adjustments with body off so you can see what's going on
But from sound of it you got a bad servo right out of the box

Last edited:
Thank you both for the answers. So a new servo is the answer? Want to make sure I did not do anything wrong with installing the throttle linkage.

If anyone has any recommendations on installing the new servo I will have to buy please share. For some reason I am thinking I did or didn't do something right when I installed the new linkage. Any steps I should go through please let me know. Thank you experts!

nitrocat explained it pretty good , when you get your new servo(s) plug them in without screwing down your servo horns , power the system up ,transmitter and receiver , everything should go to a neutral position . now your safe to mount the servo horns and linkages . it is very important you center any new servo before final assembly .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks