Proline Badland Baja 5b Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
Proline Racing has just released a new set of HPI Baja 5b Tires called the Badlands! The new Proline Racing Badland tires are made from XTR compound with super firm...

Click to continue

i'll be getting a set of these to try out. i would hope they hardened up the compund for the 5b. from prior experience the proline tires typically have a softer compund than most other tire manufacturers.

I don't think they are out anywhere yet. I checked Tower and nothing yet. Get yourself some Hostile MX Tires. Those things are awesome!

Well I blew my Dirt Busters and I mean it sounded like a real blown tire the other week on the track in our area.
DSC04362.jpg

I bought the Badlands and just wanted to make sure others take a look at a few items I saw when installing. I'm sure there is some talk about this on HBF but did not see any here.

When you install the tire make real sure you take a good look at the area just beyond the bead lock spots, that continuous ring are.
DSC04350.jpg

I had heard that there was a fitting issue with some of them so I looked real close when installing and had no issues with the bead on the tires fitting but that ring that installs behind took some time to get fitted. If its not, the tire will look like it is having bead problems.
DSC04352.jpg

See that bump just above the bead lock?
DSC04351.jpg

If you lift the tire you will find the ring not set in all the way.
DSC04358.jpg

It really messes with you at the screw holes.
DSC04352.jpg

Take a small screw driver and just push it and it pops right in.
DSC04355.jpg

The tires should really fit well if the ring is completely in the spot I noticed that they were flatter even more then the stock ones.
DSC04359.jpg

NOTE: CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR LARGER VERSION.

Wish me luck!:)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks