Proper lubing of cylinder before cranking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

I see online that people use three-in-one oil inside the cylinder for breakin 1st start before you crank the engine to lube up the piston rings is this something that is recommended or is this something that is needed to do for all new gas engines specifically I'm speaking about a 30cc engine , any one should apply

I see online that people use three-in-one oil inside the cylinder for breakin 1st start before you crank the engine to lube up the piston rings is this something that is recommended or is this something that is needed to do for all new gas engines specifically I'm speaking about a 30cc engine , any one should apply
its not going to hurt it remove the plug ,install the oil and give it a couple of pulls.Put the plug back run 25:1 I use royal purple HP 2C 2 stroke oil and that run 28:1 good to go

yes it will,25:1 break in is 5.12 ounces per gallon,after break I use 28:1 which is 4.57 ounces per gallon. Than put a new plug in your engine. Like I said if you go 30:1 she will run really fast but you will lose longevity of the engine. There s other things you can do for horse power , get a lightened fly wheel, and aluminum intake and a better carb. Gizmo.com has modified carbs at a reasonable price to really wake the engine up at 28:1 good luck

yes it will,25:1 break in is 5.12 ounces per gallon,after break I use 28:1 which is 4.57 ounces per gallon. Than put a new plug in your engine. Like I said if you go 30:1 she will run really fast but you will lose longevity of the engine. There s other things you can do for horse power , get a lightened fly wheel, and aluminum intake and a better carb. Gizmo.com has modified carbs at a reasonable price to really wake the engine up at 28:1 good luck
Cool thanks as im new to the gas worls always ran electric, one question about the carbs i just ran 2 tanks breaking in my engine, is it ok to leave fuel in the lines and carb when stored? I will continue breaking it in on the weekend? Just noticed the carb is full of fuel but the tank is empty

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks