protection for carb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. Thanks for sharing and posting it here also. Looks to be a great way of keeping the crap from getting sucked in the tiny voids on all our carbs.:cool2:

Help me out here, I don't see the benefit, it makes tuning more complicated.

If one of those simple little rubber plugs came out well, you got a real big problem!

I'll just stick with my old fashoned FG oiled air filters with the carb exposed.

Everybody that owns a HPI BAJA B becomes a OPTION parts freak. if the can find an option part they must have it vene if it just sits ther en look nice. it does not matter if it gives a gain in performance or not.
it just have to be on the car.

The HPI BAJA 5B must be the most CRAPPY car ever made.
i mean you can builk a complet car out of option parts.

Try thart with a FG, MCD Harm or Lautherbacher you wount sucseed becaus you cant fine all the parts as options.

What I am assuming is that the carb will be sealed inside the new container. The photo does not show the carb sandwiched between. In the case that one of the plugs comes loose you would run a short time like the case was not around your carb at all. Dirt will not be able to enter any easier then if the unit was never installed.
The item is more used in real dirty/dusty or sandy conditions.
The problem with an exposed carb are the throttle and choke rods. As the carb gets older the rods wear the opening, this allows small particles to suck into the side of the carb and bypass your filter. It would be nice if they made the item still use the stock filters though.
The Baja is a great buggy.:) I would say that we all go over board on aftermarket items, but I will give it to you, the Baja guy's top the what can we do more.:clown:
We all use the same type of carbs and could all benefit but, the Baja guys seem to be finding the sand dunes a big problem with keeping sand out of the motors.:(

I hope I am understanding the item like I explained.:blush:

samenbouw_exploded.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks