Prototype Whip flag setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

So I just threw this together tonight. It is a bit ugly at the moment but it works. Ill probably make a better looking one soon.

The workshop. you cant see the whip too well in this one.
whip1.jpg

The whip holder.
whip2.jpg

The whip with the Whip on!!! lol
whip3.jpg

Cost was about $4. I still need to get some material for the flag.(I just have some red plastic on there right now. Trying to think of something not too expensive. What comes to mind is a water ski flag. But thats prob 10-20 bucks by itself. Any ideas on the material? I want to do the standard neon orange.

D

Check Home Depot or similar for flag material.

In the concrete area where they sell stakes and such, there should be a rolls of that neon orange plastic flag material surveyors use to stake out land. Also check the landscape area. They should have little flags that are used to mark sprinkler head locations. They come in different colors.

Yea They have the ground steaks, but they have the HD logo on them. Didnt look in the concrete area though... I just picked up some bright orange sheets of foam that will probably do the trick.

D

You could always just stop by a new housing development jobsite. There are usually tons of orange flags laying around when they pull up the stakes.

Once you find a permanent flag, are you going to use a piece of fiberglass as the actual post like the real ones?
What else could you use?

good job!!! you may also want to check out my favorite place. McMaster Carr for thinner rod, or even Carbon Fiber tubing with a spring at the bottom, so you don't damace your baja or your CF tube during a roll.

just a quick idea,
Brian V

I have a similar setup. I got some Neon Orange sticker sheets (sort of reflective too) from the hobby shop. They came in 12x9 package and, all you do is cut out a diamond shape, peel off the sheet and, fold in half around the "rod" and, it sticks to itself and, the flag pole.

How's it do on roll over(bends like hell)Go to home-d and get an electrician rod they call fish tape.Its the same material as a fishing rod.Also buy an door stop that looks like a spring and you can figure out the rest(punch in flags on the quick search and more detail about above)-/-better late than never

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks