Pull start problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adjusting the needles on the carb is usually a last resort. more times than not a engine fails to start because of something simple. try starting without the airfilter. ive had a filter come from the factory with too much oil in it and it was choking off the air to the engine.

ok started to tweak the carb (needle) and so now it turns on but not for long. so i found something strange, tell if am wrong or right, shouldin there be a second hose from the tank to the exhaust? anyhow will take in tomarow again to the hobby shop saturday, thinking of having them install a shaft stater should I? and see if they can start it for me? also i took off the air filter and i think that helped a bit...

Last edited:
typically yes, there is a hose running from the tank to a nipple on the exhaust. but not every car has them, though its more common that they do.

did you get any instruction sheets with it. there should be a spot where it says what the factory needle settings are for the motor.
most of them are NOT stnd. most all carbs have different settings when new.

if you can find out what the needle settings should be when new from factory, start there, and slowly lean out the H needle until the motor starts and stays running.

theres a great couple websites about motor breakin and tuning. if i can find a link i ll post it up for ya.
T

ok after looking at the manual like you said turns out i should have not messed with the needle since according to them its original position was fine and ready to run....

anyhow i was doing more tweaking and got the darn thing to run without stoping but the only thing now its that it goes max speed and move foward if i try to decrease the speed it will stop...lol i will take a break since right now I feel like just using this car for target practice:2guns: and just buying a new one awwww

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks