Pull start trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko_Evo

Hello everyone. Well after a tank and a half (just like my research stated) pull start took a dump. It won't turn the engine. Took it apart to check what the defect was. Coil was still good, cable had no problems. Tried to remove that center screw to check deeper and "wow!" Is that screw tight. Didn't bother to remove it until I got a bigger Phillip screw driver. So I kept inspecting. The inner center portion of the pull start, is it suppose to engage/pull towards the engine when cable is pulled and then retract when released? Notice that mine didn't unless I mess with it with a flat head to pull it out. Then it would suck back in when cable is retracted by the coil. Anyways I'm assuming the pull start is dead. What would be the next upgrade for a 30.5 fuelie? HPI pull start? (Guessing)

Thank you guys/gals for reading.

on my 30.5 had problem of the killer rc stainless cable , worked great,, but wore thru the pull start cover,, and the plastic covering on cable wore off,, so was gonna replace the cover ,,, bought some spare parts and a new cy pullstart instead,,added a rcr pull start rope,, and a ddm pull start handle in aluminum,,, works great,, the cy pullstart is 19 bucks from ddm,, or you can use a Zenoah pull start, about twice as much,, or the killer rc starter for 55 bucks , but u will need a good drill for that ,, or the turtle racing pull start 120 bucks approximate for that,,, lots of choices,,,

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks