Pull start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitstop

I have an hpi Baja 5s, the pullstart sticks a lot, and makes it hard to get it started , because I can never get two good pulls in a row, can ANYBODY help me on this ?

I'm assuming that the cord keeps sticking out or it won't engage the fly wheel...It is most likely dirty and needs a good soap and water bath. Relube it when it's dry ..

When you say sticks do you mean its hard to pull the cord? You should be lightly pulling the cord til the piston is top dead center then yank on it. Like bert said maybe it's time for a cleaning and lube, you should be using dry lube not oil or anything like that. Dirt won't stick to the dry lube and gum you up.

Drylube

When you say sticks do you mean its hard to pull the cord? You should be lightly pulling the cord til the piston is top dead center then yank on it. Like bert said maybe it's time for a cleaning and lube, you should be using dry lube not oil or anything like that. Dirt won't stick to the dry lube and gum you up.

Thank you very much for the reply, by dry lube, where do I get a dry lube, and can you please give me a name or brand of one, Thank You Very much appreciated

Lol I can't, haven't picked any up yet. I recently asked this question and that was the answer I was given. I think any auto parts or home improvement type stores.

Dry lube

Lol I can't, haven't picked any up yet. I recently asked this question and that was the answer I was given. I think any auto parts or home improvement type stores.

Thanks, im sure its the right answer, another member here said the same, I checked into it , walmarts has drylube in the hardware section by the WD-40, Thanks Again :eek::)

You can also use cooking spray, I buy them at Dollar Tree.

Spray some on a rag and pass it over the cord just to leave a nice film. Be aware cooking spray has propane, lol...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks