Putoline mx5 synthetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doggydogg

Hi everyone I'm just new to the 1/5 scale hobby I bought a smartech spider a few months ago and I'm very impressed with it it's running a fastrax exhaust and twin bottles with no prOblems i mean this car is screaming fast , the little smartech engine is full of torque and power once tuned ! As it was my first I just used what I had which was putoline mx5 two stroke I use in my kx scrambler ! I must admit it smells lovely and Im running it at 25/1 40ml per liter 200ml per gallon . That's uk gallon 5 litres ! But I've just bought a brand new fg pajero and it's a cracker with the g230 engine zenoah! I want to run this car on some good oil I was looking at the silkoline pro k2 2 caster ester mix cart oil ! Question is can I run my spider on this after using the putoline mx5 ? I haven't heard of anyone running it ? Has anyone here ? And will the silkoline be able to be used on my spider now ? I've no probs with the pajero I can use what I want from the beginning ! Or should I stick to the putoline for the spider and use the silkoline for the pajero ? Hehe head melted ! I would like to run both on the same it would be Better for me ! Cheers rob

mx5 is a good oil mate i run both my oddified engines on that,,,your right it does smell nice and i like the fact its blue so theres no doubting its mixxed as some oils you just cant tell,,,,also for the price of a litre you cant go wrong and it will last ages never had any issues running it and after stripping down the engines theres a nice coating of oil inside so you know its working right i run mine on 32-1 in both engines

Thanks for the speedy reply I think I will run both my cars on the putoline now :) your right it's cheap and it was great in my kx ! Just didn't here of anyone using it .
The smell is lovely :) I will just stick to that now thankyou !
Rob !

Jesus so I made the right choice from the beginning lol thanks mate now I know I'm not alone I feel much happier lol now I can start up my pajero without having to worrie about buying a fancy oil and waiting on it in the post ! :) pajero can be started today then so I can adjust low speed a little and idle but I'm still waiting on my flysky fs-gt3c coming in the post do maybe I should wait a day or two !
Anyway cheers mate !
Rob

have you got a 3rd channel kill switch fitted be a real shame to have a runaway after all the cash youve just spent a runaway isnt a nice thing trust me

also id be gentle on the first run just to make sure the engines all run in and ok on this oil as it may have been run on a castor based oil before so may take a tank or so for the new oil to get to work and coat everything

I bought the flysky fs-gt3c so it comes with 3 channels and failsafe but I've to buy a killer bee for it and get it wired up ! My flysky is the same as the annsman w6 only comes with failsafe and 3 channels and 10 model memory and lipo battery and charger ! I will have to break the pajero in but it had been only started for five mins it was a brand new shelf queen I just got from Portugal . The shell is class wing mirrors and wipers it would be a shame to wreck it lol so I'm looking for a fiberglass for it but I really don't know what oil he used for the five mins he had it running so il go easy for a few tanks anyway . Looks like he must have flushed it tho coz it looks like it has never been run .
Cheers
ROb

Last edited:
failsafes are ok but if batt come loose or goes flat then its game over same as if the throttle servo gets jammed like mine did bang game over with a 3rd channel kill switch then all the above are no problem plus you can just hit the panic buttom and kill the engine i don't think ive used the engines stop button since having a kill switch fitted its great i just roll it in and hit the button

Sounds good mate but sounds like il have fun wireing it up . But I definatly wanna put one on my 2 cars now I've been reading about them and my spider only has 2 channels but if I wire a lipo to the killer bee then it should work if the battery goes or signal just not from 3rd channel so looks like my spider will get one aswell now :)

Sounds good mate but sounds like il have fun wireing it up . But I definatly wanna put one on my 2 cars now I've been reading about them and my spider only has 2 channels but if I wire a lipo to the killer bee then it should work if the battery goes or signal just not from 3rd channel so looks like my spider will get one aswell now :)

You can get a killer bee for either 2ch or 3ch but check on the website for compatibility with your set.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks