Question about new receiver installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edro20

Got the new sr515 today. It smaller and has a different antenna location. can the factory antenna tube placed on the new receiver antenna and then just drill a hole in the receiver cover? Can I do something to use the factory antenna in its original location. Any ideas are appreciated.
bVXd2fd.jpg

OCXrovr.jpg

I guess I can put the tube on the new receiver antenna, but I wonder if the existing factory antenna can be attached to the new receiver. Hop that made sense.

This how I am going to mount mine.Remove small Allen next to tube.Tube will slide right out.

Attachments

• 47A4F63F-A8A3-42D3-A463-53604C7304FD.jpeg
    47A4F63F-A8A3-42D3-A463-53604C7304FD.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 12
I guess I can put the tube on the new receiver antenna, but I wonder if the existing factory antenna can be attached to the new receiver. Hop that made sense.
you already got the answer on how to do it from spenc mate (y),
but just as reference for the future,
you don't want to be swapping antennas out from a different receiver,
most if not all receivers are designed to be used with an antenna thats a set or fixed length/type,
messing with the antenna will just alter the signal and range of your radio,
only time an antenna should be changed is if its damaged and you get the correct spare part from the manufacturer (y):)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks