question on FG Baja brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandT

Is it possible to set fron t and rear separately on FG. I am getting one with Hydro up front. Could rear be a set of mechanical but be setup independently of front ?

thanks

Thanks. Since I don't own one yet, How many servos in all the car needs ?

I believe 2 for brakes, 1 for throttle 1 for steering ?
Looking at futaba 4pk as the choice for radio..

3 mate, 1 for throttle and rear brake, 1 for steering or sometime's 2 , personal choice and 1 for front brake's.

4pk is what i am saving for, looks like a good radio...

Update your location buddy.

Thanks

Hi Super :)

I updated my location. Do you know if a Servo like Multiplex or ACE 1015 is good enough for steering or I would need to pair it up ?

Hey Tanadt,

You could use this to help with your setup, if you are not got a 3 channel transmitter or want to use the 3rd channel for the kill switch.

check out.
Futaba MSA-10 Servo Synchronizer http://www.futabarc.com/radioaccys/futm4155.html
""Futaba's Multi Servo Adjuster is designed to be used with many of the larger models now using multiple servos to operate a single control function. It allows independent adjustment of the servo travel and direction.

Hi Super :)

I updated my location. Do you know if a Servo like Multiplex or ACE 1015 is good enough for steering or I would need to pair it up ?

You will need a largescale servo for steering like a Hitech 805/5745 or Rhino. The Ace 1015 is fine for Brake and throttle.

thanks

Would a FG 4wd baja have room for large scale servo ? Or could I use 2 ACE 1015 for steering ?

I am trying to put together the lsit of Items I would need so that once the buggy arrives, I start building it. I have my eyes on the futaba 4p radio so channels are not an issue

Would a FG 4wd baja have room for large scale servo ? Or could I use 2 ACE 1015 for steering ?

I am trying to put together the lsit of Items I would need so that once the buggy arrives, I start building it. I have my eyes on the futaba 4p radio so channels are not an issue

You can put 2 LS servos in for steering. The Comp version uses 2 or 1 LS for steering and 2 for the front and rear brakes. The 4WD RTR or ARTR uses 1 servo for steering and 1 for brakes and throttle.

For steering 1 good LS is fine and fro brakes and throttle a servo with at least 168oz will be good enough.

With the 4PK I would use 1 servo for steering, 2 servos mixed for your front/rear brakes and throttle and the last channel for a kill switch to the engine.

On my old buggy, I was using one large scale servo(Rhino digi 4) and ACE servo(1313/12.5kg) for throttle and brake and did the job nicely. When I built my MT, I just transfer all my electrics to their new home but I have added 1 more servo for my front cable brakes.

Futaba 4PK is in my wish list too................lol

yup the 4pk is a nice radio [ im very happy i brought one]
i have 1 steering servo [Hitec 5745 ] x2 servo`s for throttle/brake and front brakes [ x2 Hitec 5995TG`s ] and have the ignition cut on the 4th channel .

another related question, Does the Baja compition hydro come with both rear and front brakes and are both Hydro ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks