questions about switches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkey

i know that with the large steering servo, a throttle/brake servo and a dedicated brake servo and an engine kill there is a lot of amperage being drawn. i already know its a good idea to run power for the steering servo direct off the battery and bypass the receiver (rock crawlers run a bec and power the servos direct off it). however i was laying out the electronics on my car and got thinking about the wire gauge and the switch. is the 20 gauge wire found on typical radio gear large enough to handle the current draw??? what about the power switch, is a typical switch good enough to handle the current???

might seem like a stupid question, but id rather not have issues because of it.

LMAO.. Voo you kill me!!!

Sharky, you should be fine with the 20 gauge. The switches are fine as well. Just make sure you use deans style connectors.

Chris

Its the standard unit finish in a nice battleship grey to really enhance your ride :clown: it does have the optional alloy handle tho to give it a slight bling factor :cool2::clown::clown:

ahahahaha, yea, laugh it up at the newb, but that was a serious question. i know from the 1/10 scale crawler world that some of the big torque standard size servos can pull more than 4 amps at stall. im sure a 1/4 scale servo can draw simular amperage. now couple that with 2 standard or even mid level metal gear servos that can pull lose to an amp at stall each, thats a fair bit of current being pulled through a 20 gauge wire, granted it isnt for a long period of time. however if all everyone is using is a run of the mill rc switch and all the wiring that comes with it all, then im not worried.

ahahahaha, yea, laugh it up at the newb, but that was a serious question. i know from the 1/10 scale crawler world that some of the big torque standard size servos can pull more than 4 amps at stall. im sure a 1/4 scale servo can draw simular amperage. now couple that with 2 standard or even mid level metal gear servos that can pull lose to an amp at stall each, thats a fair bit of current being pulled through a 20 gauge wire, granted it isnt for a long period of time. however if all everyone is using is a run of the mill rc switch and all the wiring that comes with it all, then im not worried.

Chill Sharkey, I think the funny stick was pointing at the Vooster.
Matt.

Hey Sharkey,you'll get loads of that here,everyone does no matter if they are verteran RC's or new to the game.Its just a bit of fun,theres no harm intended (I've had it before,and I'll get it again for sure) 99% of us on here are good guys and we are here to help( as long as you don't ask about switches ;))
As for the switch I don't (and many others) use them,I just plug straight into the battery.This eliminates switch failure.As for the current draw,I have a crawler and know where you are coming from but in this game your not holding the sevo ant E.P for so long and not useing so much torque.
So,in the end,your ok using the stock stuff.
J.

Hey Sharkey like they say don't take it to heart matey. You will have plenty of opportunity to get your own back im sure :clown:
You will always get an answer to your query but a bit of banter is surely a good thing and will make more 5th scalers want to join in the fun on here :cool2:

i didnt mean to come off sounding upset, i wasnt, i got my answer. i like to poke fun at stuff aswell, honestly when they figure out how to trasmit sarcasm over the web forums will be a much simpler thing lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks