DBXL 2.0 Questions on DBXL 2.0 brake pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajul

Hi guys, I purchased a set of spare brake pads from RCR. I noticed that they don't come with any friction material, just plain metal (anyone has an idea what type of alloy?). The stock DBXL 2.0 pads come with a friction material (asbestos?). My questions are as follows: 1) Are the RCR pads compatible with the stock brake discs? 2) What would be the expected performance and life differences between the RCR pads versus the stock pads? Will the RCR pads create more heat and noise due to the metal-to-metal contact? Thanks!

Attachments

• DB602A_media-1.jpg
    DB602A_media-1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3
Stock pads are actually very good, expect some long wear life out of them. They are not asbestos material, that's been outlawed for years now. Some sort of ceramic composite type stuff I would guess. The rcr brakes are pretty good, but will get chewed up a good bit faster being a bronze alloy. You may or may not have to shim them to get them to work right.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks