quick question about radios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerhouse

Hey guys, I tried searching this but didnt find a perfect answer. I am looking for a radio and are wondering which frequency of radio gets the most inteference from motors and outside sources? I have an FG beetle and I just want to bag it for my own fun, so I don't need a crazy radio, just something simple. Any ideas? Oh and my wife craps when I spend money cause theres a baby onthe way LOL.

anything with dsm rechnology is about the safest bet. you won't have to worry about getting a frequency crossed up with another rc or?? am is the worst. it get affected by so much. and most dsm radios have a built in failsafe.. that said. get a killerbee engine kill switch no matter what, which requires a 3ch radio. you can't beat the safety of an engine kill switch with these big rc's

anything with dsm rechnology is about the safest bet. you won't have to worry about getting a frequency crossed up with another rc or?? am is the worst. it get affected by so much. and most dsm radios have a built in failsafe.. that said. get a killerbee engine kill switch no matter what, which requires a 3ch radio. you can't beat the safety of an engine kill switch with these big rc's

You need a 3 ch radio for a kill switch?

Hey guys, I tried searching this but didnt find a perfect answer. I am looking for a radio and are wondering which frequency of radio gets the most inteference from motors and outside sources? I have an FG beetle and I just want to bag it for my own fun, so I don't need a crazy radio, just something simple. Any ideas? Oh and my wife craps when I spend money cause theres a baby onthe way LOL.

The radios that get interferred with the most are the 27am radios that usually come with the rtr vehicles.

If you don't want to spend a lot on a radio, try going to the fm frequency. You can get them off ebay pretty cheap but as everyone else said and I agree if you can afford it get a good radio with at least 3 channels e.g. Spektrum, Futaba.
I have a Futaba 4PK and this does all of my nitros and gassers.

For the ease of use.....get a Futabra 3PM..there like $189.oo dollars...
2.4 ghz has spectrum tech...FM freq...3 channel...best for the money...
Towerhobbies......AMainHobbies..or check E-bay...... Slawhammer

So what does a channel actually do? Is one channel in charge of one servo? Is the number of slots on your receiver to plug things into the number of channels, well minus the battery slot? I think I get it now.

Last edited:
Ok each channel's decated....Channel 1....throttle/Brake...Channel 2 ..steering....
Channel 3..electronic kill switch...
All radio's have a failsafe....But for the gasoline engine's you need to kill the engine..
If you get a lost signal or low battery power....you will have a run away car or truck
going full throttle...Your gasoline engine is still running to the max.......
That is why you need a modified kill switch.........Slawhammer

Last edited:
Buy a Spectrum variety. You can always sell it for a bit less then you bought it for (IF) you loose interest, but you will appreciate not running on someone else's frequency or them on yours.

I just had a truck dropped off to work on a few minutes ago and he has an FS racing 2.4 ghz radio. This radio cost him $69 cdn and it's got some sweet features... even the wheel position is adjustable!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks