Quick video of engine tuning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

In this video, I show a simple video of how to properly start your engine and very simple engine tuning.

I got side tracked explaining myself to the camera operator and forgot to turn on my radio gear!!! Oops! Luckily nothing bad happened.

I show Meli's Mutilator starting and running slightly lean at first, then I richened the piss out of it. I should have waited for the motor to warm up before I started dicking with the needles, but I wanted to show a cold start-up.

After about 3-4 minutes into the vid, the motor started reacting to my carb adjustments, but before then, it was running just fine. You'll hear how the motor about falls on it's face when idling, that's just as the motor is warming up.

I was going to show a lean condition, but I ran out of gas! :lol: So, I ended it where I did.

In the next video, I will show a very lean condition and what the motor sounds like.

To those of you that know how to properly adjust your needles, this will seem like old-hat or second nature, but to the members that have been having trouble, this may help.

Remember, this is a bone stock CY23cc with an X-Can. The can does make a bit more power, but this vid can be applied to a stock can as well. If you have a Firehammer or a 2wd FG, your car should sound and act about the same.

Let me know what all you guys want/need for the next vid... I will be recording it tomorrow if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea, it is really needed. I think we should get a look at the plug too.
You should create your video on Windows Movie Maker or something like it so you can overlay your directions without my ears poping when you start the motor. :)

Sorry BTB, I didn't mean to pop your ears! :lol: I have movie maker, I just don't know how to use it... I guess I'll have to tinker with it.

Oh you waite, its a pain in the arse to get used to since there is no instruction manual. :laugh: It is cool once its done though. Good luck and great idea.

In this video, I show a simple video of how to properly start your engine and very simple engine tuning.

I got side tracked explaining myself to the camera operator and forgot to turn on my radio gear!!! Oops! Luckily nothing bad happened.

I show Meli's Mutilator starting and running slightly lean at first, then I richened the piss out of it. I should have waited for the motor to warm up before I started dicking with the needles, but I wanted to show a cold start-up.

After about 3-4 minutes into the vid, the motor started reacting to my carb adjustments, but before then, it was running just fine. You'll hear how the motor about falls on it's face when idling, that's just as the motor is warming up.

I was going to show a lean condition, but I ran out of gas! :lol: So, I ended it where I did.

In the next video, I will show a very lean condition and what the motor sounds like.

To those of you that know how to properly adjust your needles, this will seem like old-hat or second nature, but to the members that have been having trouble, this may help.

Remember, this is a bone stock CY23cc with an X-Can. The can does make a bit more power, but this vid can be applied to a stock can as well. If you have a Firehammer or a 2wd FG, your car should sound and act about the same.

Let me know what all you guys want/need for the next vid... I will be recording it tomorrow if I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCxFPEund0
I know this is an old post but is this video still on you tube the link does not work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks