Radio Box... alloy or not to alloy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi5ive

Hey was wondering if anyone has some input on the following. I have upgraded my 5T to the max. pretty much. I was going to leave the plastic radio box based on the weight saving and also vibration/harshness being filtered out a bit better then changing it over to an alloy box.

Anyone find anything good about having an alloy radio box?? Also how about the blackbone radio tray upgrade... any use of that???

Hey was wondering if anyone has some input on the following. I have upgraded my 5T to the max. pretty much. I was going to leave the plastic radio box based on the weight saving and also vibration/harshness being filtered out a bit better then changing it over to an alloy box.

Anyone find anything good about having an alloy radio box?? Also how about the blackbone radio tray upgrade... any use of that???
I would never run one of those alloy trays, but if you have a 5ive already upgraded “to the max” you probably already have a lot of upgrades that I don’t approve of already. Do whatever makes you happy and if 75 pound chrome chinesium 5ive T’s gets you hard then go for it🤣

I would never run one of those alloy trays, but if you have a 5ive already upgraded “to the max” you probably already have a lot of upgrades that I don’t approve of already. Do whatever makes you happy and if 75 pound chrome chinesium 5ive T’s gets you hard then go for it🤣
Lmao.

I dealt with John over at Detroit performance... this thing was built with part benefit in mind. I have things left on the Losi that I was contemplating at this point because... yeah all that is left is mainly for eye candy!

Yeah I am going to keep the plastic radio box you are right... just looks so pretty in alloy!

-Definitely skipping the alloy fuel tank too!

More pics to come!!!!!!!

Decision made... stock radio box... carbon fiber top tray to stiffen up everything specially under full servo brake power.

This thing is almosttt there!

Lets be honest here, most of the alu upgrades are just a waste of $$$
Adds weight but makes it look nice. We all have cash and some want to burn more of it than others
i guess do what makes you happy, i have the bear minimum alu upgrades on my hpi 5b and losi 5t, but thats me
The only real extravagant alu upgrade ive done was on the 5t, aluminum diff cases and they were very $$$
Just do what makes u happy and don't worry too much about what others do, forge yr path

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks