Radio Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja man

As a new owner of a 5B SS, just had a question to anyone who might have a couple suggestions: I could drive my savage until I could barely see it, turn it around and come back. Driving the Baja and it was hardly 150 feet away and starting to go a little wonky until it came back into range I guess. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

For one I would recommend getting a Killswitch ASAP. At least if you loose range WOT it will stop and not cost a bunch of cash or kill someone.
http://www.killerrc.com/
Second. It sounds like it may be a radio issue. You may want to shut the engine off and have someone walk away with the model and see if it still acts up.
Let us know what happens.;)

it isnt liking something about the gasoline ignition system of the baja obviously. here is where a big debate comes in because there are spektrum users (myself included) and futaba fanboys. the futaba fanboys praise the radio range of a futaba system while getting down on us spektrum users. with that said, i have NEVER had an issue with my spektrum system and i have had futabas in the past but moved on when spektrum came oput with their systems because i was tired of the failures i had with futaba radio systems and although i did like airtronics stuff it just wasnt as readily available in my location like teh spektrum stuff was.

ok now with all of that out of the way :D. i personally do not like getting my baja out where it looks like a speck of dust, IMHO this is just asking for trouble if you have a radio failure or some other type of failure. last time i was able to run my baja (been working on it again) i was getting it out a little more than a football field length away (100 yards, or 300 feet if you prefer ) and i am using a spektrum DX3s ;).

what you need to consider is that there may be some interferance issues in your location and by simply taking the car to another location you may have more range (of course you may have less range also :lol:)

For one I would recommend getting a Killswitch ASAP. At least if you loose range WOT it will stop and not cost a bunch of cash or kill someone.
http://www.killerrc.com/
Second. It sounds like it may be a radio issue. You may want to shut the engine off and have someone walk away with the model and see if it still acts up.
Let us know what happens.;)
Have a failsafe, and I will try that next time I'm out.

it isnt liking something about the gasoline ignition system of the baja obviously. here is where a big debate comes in because there are spektrum users (myself included) and futaba fanboys. the futaba fanboys praise the radio range of a futaba system while getting down on us spektrum users. with that said, i have NEVER had an issue with my spektrum system and i have had futabas in the past but moved on when spektrum came oput with their systems because i was tired of the failures i had with futaba radio systems and although i did like airtronics stuff it just wasnt as readily available in my location like teh spektrum stuff was.

ok now with all of that out of the way :D. i personally do not like getting my baja out where it looks like a speck of dust, IMHO this is just asking for trouble if you have a radio failure or some other type of failure. last time i was able to run my baja (been working on it again) i was getting it out a little more than a football field length away (100 yards, or 300 feet if you prefer ) and i am using a spektrum DX3s ;).

what you need to consider is that there may be some interferance issues in your location and by simply taking the car to another location you may have more range (of course you may have less range also :lol:)
Did that remote come with a receiver too or did you have to buy that separate?

Did that remote come with a receiver too or did you have to buy that separate?

my speky came with 2 rx's (one with telemetry and one without telemetry). i am using the NON telemetry rx in my baja the telemetry rx is in my T4 adn i have 3 more speky rx's in other vehicles ;). i am assuming you are referring to my speky.

As a new owner of a 5B SS, just had a question to anyone who might have a couple suggestions: I could drive my savage until I could barely see it, turn it around and come back. Driving the Baja and it was hardly 150 feet away and starting to go a little wonky until it came back into range I guess. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Radio interference from the ignition system. Its like Kryptonite to some radios.
Sometimes a new spark plug will fix the problem. Getting a Futaba radio will probably fix it too.

I have had both Spektrum (DX2) and Futaba (4PKS) and both had great range on my SS, never had problems with either but it has been proved that the Futaba stuff does have longer range than most others. I am sticking with my 4PKS but I run SPktrum stuff on my Heli's without issue also.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks