Radio Transmitter Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tippy

I have HOBAO remote control for my Baja 5b ss. It is 27mhz pistol type transmitter. The maximum range in terms of distance is only 30metres to 50metres. I was told the range would be 250metres. Anyone faced such a problem? what could it be that is restricting the performance?

AM or FM radio?
Habao would be part of Jammin so owned by Ofna, so likely a rebaged hitec agressor or similar radio.

on a gas rc, i strongly recommend a 2.4 radio 3 channel radio, with a remote kill switch/failsafe unit.

get a futaba 3pm 2.4 gig.
about 190.
this will take care of all your eangr problems.
i got over 1100 feet range with mine.

ever listen to an am radio during a thunderstorm? thats the same type of interferance your coil and plug will give your am radio system.

2.4 is the smartest way forward as even FM Synths have glitching occasionally.

I can't even imagine what a nextel could do to an AM radio.:lol:

Who needs a ringer with nextel just watch your screen and listen to your speekers. Man what's it doing to our heads?

so this may be a dumb question and I am sure once I read the answer I will wish to delete this post but what good is a kill switch once you are out of range? Does it have some sort of heartbeat signal that defaults to off if comms go out?

the PBkill switch is a good one, when setup with your onboard failsafe on chnl 3, the motor will shut off if you go out of range, lose rx power, lose tx power, ect...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks