Radio Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daymo

hi i have a futaba 3gr-fs 27mhz fm the range is not very good and i am thinking of changing to this Futaba 3GR-FS 2.4GHz would this solve the range problem? any other thoughts are welcome!!

cheers

Damon

27mhz is a horrible frequency! AM or FM, they both suck!!! You only have 6 channels to choose from, plus cell phones can interfere with the signal.. Also, even if you have an FM 27mhz controller, if somebody around you has a 27mhz AM controller, it will interfere with your car too.

2.4Ghz is the way to go! You will never have to worry if somebody has the same channel/frequency as yours..

Go with the 2.4!!!

2.4ghz like Trip say's but there are two.....DSM 1 & DSM 2, DSM2 is bullet proof, there has been prob's with the early system's (DSM 1).

Get the 3DX-R Spektrum.

yea the 2.4 is great. alot of us large scale guys run the 3PM 2.4 and have great results with it.

whatever you do, DO NOT buy and use a Spektrum. you ll have as many issues as you do with the 27mhz systems. Spektrums are JUNK for gassers.

cheers guys i like the Futaba because i prefer the stick controls!! so how dose the frequency part work can you run two systems side by side?

Timmahh, why do you say this? I know the old system's were junk (DSM1) but the new radio is far better (DSM2) like the DX3-R, and had great review's and no issues...
Just a Q for you as i was recomened this radio set (DX3-R) as i am looking to upgrade.

cheers guys i like the Futaba because i prefer the stick controls!! so how dose the frequency part work can you run two systems side by side?

Same here dude, I use the stick version too :) If you mean can you use one transmitter with multiple receivers then yup, no problem.

2.4Ghz works by binding the transmitter to the receiver so there is no chance of interference. :)

Timmahh, why do you say this? I know the old system's were junk (DSM1) but the new radio is far better (DSM2) like the DX3-R, and had great review's and no issues...
Just a Q for you as i was recomened this radio set (DX3-R) as i am looking to upgrade.

mostly becuz i still see a fair portion of LS user continue to have issues with spectrums. even the almight Rs. imo, they are a great radio for anything NOT GAS. i wonder how the Air guys that run gassers are liking their Spekys. but i know alot of the gasser guys are still hit and miss with them.

maybe i shouldnt say they are junk, but rather worthless for a gasser.

as far as 2.4 goes, you can bascially run up to 80 Like Units at the same time in the same area. the 81st guy will have to wait for someone to shut off to get an open channel... pretty cool poop really, when it wont even connect to its own bound rx if there isnt an open channel. No worries ever of turning your radio on, or haveing someone else turn on theirs, and taking a rc out of commision.!

i hear its an Excellent unit. i ll be checking on out and leaving finger juice on it at our Silver Lake get together in June. I run a React and i just love the radio, though i know many hate it bad. lol

but ya, if you got the cashola, the 4PK is a stellar unit.

yes the futabe 3pm 2.4 has a built in t/b failsafe in PPM mode (have to program it every time you turn the radio on) and in HRS mode its has it on all 3 channels ( you need digital servos to run in HRS mode)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks