Rampage MT overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried 3 differnt pipes, I mean we tried everything
it has to be sommat simple though, as sean said above, try engine in a different rc,
but also, i aint too familiar with the rampage, but is the brake linkage bent or owt like that?
maybe dragging the brakes at full throttle, aint the rampage brakes hidden away behind the gear set ?

it has to be sommat simple though, as sean said above, try engine in a different rc,
but also, i aint too familiar with the rampage, but is the brake linkage bent or owt like that?
maybe dragging the brakes at full throttle, aint the rampage brakes hidden away behind the gear set ?
You know what, that’s a REALLY good idea, I’ll let him know, thanks

That is almost unheard of. Especially three different engines. I did fry the stock HY32cc. It lost compression within a gallon. But I put a Zenoah g320 in it's place and ran it a year. Then put an ESP head kit on it for more power. Been in there years. After reading all the comments. I have to agree it is a fuel issue. Sounds to be running lean. I am wondering about the fuel hoses from tank to carb. I think I would get new hoses and fuel filter clunk from DDM racing. Also get a new tank plug beings you said it was leaking. The MT is prone to fuel vapor lock. The tank needs vented for proper fuel flow. I drilled a bigger hole in the fuel cap then threaded a nipple down in it and used a dirtbike one way vent valve off the nipple with a three inch hose. No more vapor lock. But if the truck rolls over fuel will get into the vent valve and gum it up. So I keep several vent valves on hand. Cheap from ebay. Good luck getting it fixed!!!

i used to have issues with my xt gas tank vent till i got this

Tank Cap, Zenoah - fg07351​

from ddm it works on redcat gas tanks i also use it on my mt

Ok so Rovan is sending a rebuild for the 36 when back in stock, so then I can put the 36 in this, seen some YouTube vids and looks like it pulls it around nicely with a dominator pipe which a I am also getting

On this model the clutch bell has to spins really fast to get the wheels to spin really slow.

Not quite sure what this means but sounds like therein where your problems may lie. And also someone else mentioned your engine fins maybe getting clogged with debris and grass and not getting sufficient cooling especially if running WOT (Hi RPMs consatntly). Are running in grassy fileds. These things pick up a lot of debris in the fins which im not a fan of because then you have to strip it down some to properly clear all the debris from the fins and the flywheel. Also keep in mind when running to give the truck a break from time to time. IMHO

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks