RB innovations engine cover filter,anyone tried using them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitown joe

i was curious after my last outing i had to pull the covers off the engine and clean out a mess of grass,outer wears and the under guard kit for the engine come up to $55, and this RB innovations pull start filter kit was $65,
if any one has used it? and whats the outcome of the usage was it worth the addition $10?
thanks
joe

Last edited:
it's cool i bought them already after looking how much the outwares where and making something, you end up spending money anyway,
it is designed for true zenoah or chung yang engines not the king motor or rovans
with that said i had to demel a 1/8 notch to fit them on the king motor engines, other then that they work just fine no issues and no grass clogging up the flywheel,
only bad part my drag pipes sit right in front of the cover. so if i need to service it the left pipe needs to come about an extra 10-15 mins of work,
but i like them

it's cool i bought them already after looking how much the outwares where and making something, you end up spending money anyway,
it is designed for true zenoah or chung yang engines not the king motor or rovans
with that said i had to demel a 1/8 notch to fit them on the king motor engines, other then that they work just fine no issues and no grass clogging up the flywheel,
only bad part my drag pipes sit right in front of the cover. so if i need to service it the left pipe needs to come about an extra 10-15 mins of work,
but i like them

Post some pics bud - I haven't seen the under guard before

i'll post some pics later today, i have to pull the engine on one of them to replace the clutch holder, this way you can see one actually mounted,gives me a chance to run some silicone around the seams, get sealed up completely.

Seems to work well for me. No more pulling the engine off to get the crap out from under it. I had originally tried the screen method, which worked, but still, junk would get sucked up under the engine and stay there.

So far, the only thing I don't like about it is that I had to mangle my body to get it to fit at all. I had the 5T rear pods on to try to help keep junk out and had to mangle it as well. I thought I was going to have to take my starter apart and transplant the parts. But as it turns out, this is just a cover over that too. I would have proffered just transplanting the internals to conserve space so I wouldn't have had to hack up my body so much.

Also, I'm not sure how hot the engine is supposed to get. I checked it last year when I ran, but for the life of me, can't recall. With the filter in place, it's running 240F-260F with ambient at 80F.

Some shots of mine, wish I had black RTV though... lol
2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-starterLower.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-starter.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-NotchInSupport.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-engineOff-Front.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-engineOff-BackSide.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-BodyOnCloseup.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-BodyOn.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks