RB Supercharger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picodogg

I eat DDM chocolate mints for breakfast
PLUS member
Came upon this product.

https://rbinnovations.com/products/1-5th-scale-supercharger-for-g320rc-engine-hpi-only

I’ll be the first to admit I have no idea how this would help, but unless I am missing something because I watched the videos muted, it looks like this is real? I read through some threads on the topic. Seems like a tuned engine and exhaust pipe are more effective. And air flow really isn’t that “voluminous.” But… more powah?

It does work in the sense of its a functioning super charger, beyond that you pushing a lot of fuel and air out the exhaust without some sort of valve to keep it in there..... we can eternally debate what a few have done with loop charged 2 strokes, but the fact of the matter is reliability and efficiency are basically gone... there are a few modern engines with direct injection that make decent power with forced induction, honestly a 4 stroke or uniflow 2 stroke would be better candidates.

i pretty much trust https://oneillbrothers.com/ . i think they're big enough that if they were lying about this they would be discredited by like the whole internet. it says the hp ratings right on the page that shows you all the motors. you can probably even ask to see the chart.

um i didn't say anything about how well they ran :) . i was just thinking that they would become a joke if those ratings were way off.

Let me put this in simple terms. They don't make 8hp. I've seen them on the dyno, with several other zen engines from other tuners, and stock engines ran the same day. There wasn't a single engine that got that high based on a 32cc zen cylinder.

wow where did you see them get dynoed? and why didn't you say that first? so you should be able to link me to sites that prove they're way overrated then, please do. hey i'm sorry man i don't mean to be rude or anything i just really think if they were lying that hard the whole internet would prove them wrong left and right and they'd have to change their whole site.

Last edited:
Let me put this in simple terms. They don't make 8hp. I've seen them on the dyno, with several other zen engines from other tuners, and stock engines ran the same day. There wasn't a single engine that got that high based on a 32cc zen cylinder.
I think you are right. I've started to get into electric PEVs such as ebike Esk8 and those tiny motors are pushing like 3 HP.

I tried an escooter that pushed 3hp and it was a beast. He also has a built zenoah scooter and it didn't go as fast. These numbers are probably recorded at the crank which will always be higher then recorded at the rear wheels.

wow where did you see them get dynoed? and why didn't you say that first? so you should be able to link me to sites that prove they're way overrated then, please do. hey i'm sorry man i don't mean to be rude or anything i just really think if they were lying that hard the whole internet would prove them wrong left and right and they'd have to change their whole site.
The dyno results were posted to this site a few years back. The guy that did the dyno session asked to remain unnamed. The funny part is he doesn't build engines and didn't have anything to prove out side of direct comparison between a few different engine builders and how they preformed with various pipes vs stock engines with canned mufflers vs different pipe designs. Just because the hype rheor engines up, doesn't mean anyone will openly discredit them. They make fine running engines. They just don't produce 8hp.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks