Rc decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpstone73

Looking at getting a 1/5 scale gas vehicle. Like playing in the dirt but also would like to run On blacktop. Am I better off getting a baja type vehicle that I could put asphalt tires on so I could just switch between tires depending on what type of surface I want drive on, or is there another vehicle I would be better off with. Any help would be appreciated.

That's exactly what I'm doing with my 5B. I got a set of asphalt tires so I have the best of both worlds available. It reminds me of a sort of mini Indy car when on the pavement. They are fun on pavement. The road tires are a bit wider and lower. They get pretty warm and grippy too. :)

I got a decent enough deal that I'm planning an ST/SC truck conversion so I can run it as an all out truck on either dirt or pavement. For a reasonable end price of less than a new buggy/truck, I'll have 4 flavors available.

Others may have other thoughts or suggestions on approach or vehicles but I don't think you can go wrong with a buggy and evolve from there if you choose.

You will enjoy it but just expect to spend money eventually. If you are comfortable with that from the start, the things that cost you won't be difficult to swallow.

Right from the start, I spent the $60 on a Super Bee. I've had a runaway Nitro and believe me, that's an intense moment of an experience. You'll want to do everything you can to prevent a 1/5th from doing that.

Hopefully that's some helpful thoughts and info and others will pipe in.

Be well.

Looking at getting a 1/5 scale gas vehicle. Like playing in the dirt but also would like to run On blacktop. Am I better off getting a baja type vehicle that I could put asphalt tires on so I could just switch between tires depending on what type of surface I want drive on, or is there another vehicle I would be better off with. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks