rc tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainman

dear all,

I have mismatch of all kinda tools, want to upgrade to specific rc 1/5 and 1/6 scale tools. been checking out annsman, losi, eds, and all other expensive enough tools (hexdrivers etc)

What advice can you give me re best to go for, and what tools are absolutely necessary for having the fg 4wd baja

thks for your help, marcel

dear all,

I have mismatch of all kinda tools, want to upgrade to specific rc 1/5 and 1/6 scale tools. been checking out annsman, losi, eds, and all other expensive enough tools (hexdrivers etc)

What advice can you give me re best to go for, and what tools are absolutely necessary for having the fg 4wd baja

thks for your help, marcel

i got some hudi rc hex drives 3years ago and there still going strong, you get what you pay for with tools,

+1 you do get what you pay for. If you are buying tools that are branded by an RC manufacturer they will be made by a tool manufacturer, have their name stamped on and sold for twice the price of the same tool with the manufacturers brand name on.
The basics are a set of mixed size screw drivers which are easy to come by and quality allen keys or hex drivers with a tee bar handle which are easier to work with (probably better buying the sizes you need rather than a set to keep the cost down). I use my socket set a lot too which also has the hex bits in.
These are all general tools that I had for work before I got into 5th scale & are all quality items eg Snap-on, Stanley, Bahco etc. Vice grips come in handy after heavy landings / head-on with immoveable objects :lol: wire strippers for electrical work, mini soldering iron, the list can go on for ever but some things you will hardly use so just pick them up as and when you need them.

Last edited:
plus 1 on above i just nicked tools from my 1.1 scale tool kit 1/4 drive sockets 5.5mm upto 13mm spark plug socket on a 3/4 drive also a few larger sockets for clutch bolts ect long nose pliers side cutters a good craft knife set is also handy a few open ended spanners the only thing i would spend extra money on is allen keys these things are a nightmare i hate them with a passion i would love a desent set of these

Deffo +1 with Dwarfy and Pablo. Avoid the cheap tools !

I mostly use a handy set of Park Tool hex drivers which I used all day every day in my old job in a bike shop. Still goin strong and tough as old boots !:D

thanks guys,

i have small teng tools socket set, I might stick to a "non rc branded" tool brand.
I suppose you pay for the name itself, point well made dwarfy!.
will have a look at park tools as well. thks for your advice marcel

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks