RCMax 65cc in a Losi 5T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr

2 Stroke’s & Titties
Build Thread Contributor
Hi guys, I am purchasing a Losi 5T 2.0 fitted with an RCMax 65cc engine as a bit of a project :)

Now the car is bone stock so im trying to get a list together of everything im going to need to make it strong enough to handle the 65cc power.

Im thinking driveshafts, diff housing & cases, chassis braces etc. Will I need upgraded diff gears also?

Many thanks!

Alex.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have purchased a Losi 5T 2.0 fitted with an RCMax 65cc engine as a bit of a project :)

Now the car is bone stock so im trying to get a list together of everything im going to need to make it strong enough to handle the 65cc power.

Im thinking driveshafts, diff housing & cases, chassis braces etc. Will I need upgraded diff gears also?

Many thanks!

Alex.

View attachment 59884
Nice rig, welcome. I'm no help as I don't know much about losi 5t stuff, but there's plenty of members that are very knowledgeable on stuff like this.

I'm not John, but I'm getting ready to put a alx 50 in my 5iveT. I'm also upgrading my drivetrain as I go in case I go bigger in the future. I have the RCmax billet diff cup, backbone spur, Modified RC billet center diff mount, IRC hardened center out drives, RCR brakes and team chase center torque dampener. I'll upgrade the rest as they break.

Spoke to Mike @ RCMax today and he was very helpful.

Most important, essential upgrade is our HD oversize bearing diff housings:

https://www.rcmax.co.uk/product-page/losi-5t-5b-diff-housing-set

Plus these in rough order:
Then after this try to focus on stiffening up the car to prevent flex overall from the heavier more powerful motor!

The stock shafts are amazingly strong on the 5ive. They will break eventually. But no point changing until you do in my opinion.

Make a note or mark it up with the date of installation and see how long till it fecks up. At worse you may have to look at replacing the rubber cush drive bit.
And it comes with an extra rubber damper. I have an hour meter ready to go on the truck once the new engine and the damper goes in so I'll be able to keep track?? I'll keep y'all posted

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks