rcmax throttle linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr

2 Stroke’s & Titties
Build Thread Contributor
Hi guys, those with rcmax engines in their trucks, how have you got your throttle linkage setup & what parts have you used?

When I hit the brake the rod touches the engine and I can feel it trying to push the carb past closed. The endpoints are set correctly, if I lower the brake travel any more the brakes will not work well.

Not entirely sure how to fix it so if you guys could post some photos of a proper setup id appreciate it :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hmm I see you fixed the description ??

Because what you original said. It sounded like the end points weren’t set right to me ??‍♂️

now that you fixed the description. It just sounds like you don’t have your linkage set up properly ??

I realised I hadn’t explained myself properly yes :) I have bent the linkage every which way but have had to remove the small return spring, I don’t think this will be much of an issue as the carb has a strong spring.

The throw I needed to actuate the brakes causes the spring to bind up and bend the rod, with the spring removed this doesn’t happen and the carb doesn’t get pushed past closed.
The bit of flex it had with the spring on would probably cause no harm either but I’d rather it not be under and strain just to be safe :)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks