RCScrewz: Stainless Screw 5B/5T Combo Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stainless screws are softer and strip out as well as break easily. You do much better with black oxide alloy steel grade 12.9.

s/steel soft... i don't think so try cutting s/steel with a hacksaw it takes forever

Do a search on other RC forums and see what others have to say about SS screws. I know from experience how these screws work! When cutting SSl with a hack saw unless you have a special blade it will dual most blades quickly not because SS is all that hard just because of the composer of the metal.

Last edited:
Do a search on other RC forums and see what others have to say about SS screws. I know from experience how these screws work! When cutting SSl with a hack saw unless you have a special blade it will dual most blades quickly not because SS is all that hard just because of the composer of the metal.

I don't need to ask around i already know the strengths of s/s

you say a special cutting blade is required to cut s/s

I rest my case...........

And this is what ddm has to say about stainless steel

Racers Edge Machine 500+ piece Screw Kit for the HPI Baja 5B and 5T

Included with our kits is all the hardware needed to replace your stock low-grade screws with high quality T-304 Stainless Steel Fasteners. We also include Loc-Tite Brand fastener adhesive with each kit

Our Stainless Steel Screw kits will never rust or corrode and are significantly stronger than stock. We have extensively tested these fasteners and they're the perfect High Performance addition to your buggy/truck

Troy

Last edited:
SS screws are a POS! all they do is rust and strip and i hate em with a passion!

Stainless is what im going to do for my new build next month so i reckon these will
be the best me thinks and Troy thanks for the link i was looking at em the other day
but i want to buy em in the uk so ive gone with the RC Screw kit.

Well i have found em on MMR but MMR don't work on my pc!! so i will have to shop else
where... bit gutted tho coz i like using MMR but abbots rc has a good stock level and
have more hop-ups in stock than MMR

So MMR will be short of my £400ish for my small build next month :D

Well i have found em on MMR but MMR don't work on my pc!! so i will have to shop else
where... bit gutted tho coz i like using MMR but abbots rc has a good stock level and
have more hop-ups in stock than MMR

So MMR will be short of my £400ish for my small build next month :D

What ya trying to buy ? whats ya build plans this time ?

What ya trying to buy ? whats ya build plans this time ?

Not much just a small build to beef up me 5t

Turtle Racing Chassis Brace
Turtle Racing Tranny Plate
Turtle Racing Rear Shock Brace
Turtle Racing Shock tower Combo
Turtle Racing H/D Pinion 17t
Phatdad Engine Brace kit
Phatdad Fan Cover Saver
RPM Front/Back Arms Set
Team Chase Shock Towers
RC Screwz s/steel Combo
Innovative-RC Chassis Brace

and when i get more money im getting...

Innovative-RC Front Big Bore Shocks
Innovative-RC Rear Big Bore Shocks
PhatDad-RC 300M Series Cross-Over Dogbones
Victory RC "BIGBORE" Non-Silenced
Team Chase Roll Cage

and its all going black!! no bling!! this time :lol:

Toy's Screws have always worked for me. Tony also makes a kit for the 5B or 5T. Tony's screws uses grade 12.9 screws. Very Strong and I have never striped out a head.

when i owned my first 5t i had that for 3 ish years and the 5t is just an ss
but with 5t bits on it and 3 ish years of stock screws where a POS!!

so meh!! :lol:

I have had my 5b SS as long and even thaw the stock screws are not the best have not had a lot of problem with them. But some can mess up a anvil with a rubber hammer. :lol:

It all depends on the grade of stainless

there are so many out there that it can get real tricky getting the right stuff...

t304-t314 should outlast the majority of standard mild steel screws

but depends on where and how they are made.....

Also remember the higher grades get more brittle so will tend to snap rather than bend in a collision

I have a simply rc screw set from wheelspin models and the only thing I find is the very small heads round if you have anything other than a brand new perfect allen keys...but thats something that happens with most tiny hex's

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks