Rear dom gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelcalif

My rear dom always seems to leak just a little around the gasket. I have tried the paper and copper gaskets. Do you guys use a little hi temp rtv on those?

ya a bit of red rtv can help alot.

i ve had to face the mating face of the exhaust flange as well. just a few passes with a good metal file to flatting the flange a bit and a good rinse before installing also seem to help eliminate the leaks.

Is it V1 or V2 ?? I had a version 1, and found that if you attach the pipes rear mount before the tightening down the flange bolts, it will leak no matter what you do. That is why I went to the side DOM.
tighten the flange bolts first, then the rear mounting bolt. I think there is a thread on this topic over at HBF.
Strangely, I found with the stock 23cc, I had no problems. I found the pipe just fit better in general. When I switched to a 28.5 cc upgrade kit, the pipe no longer fit nice, and my leaking probs started.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks