Rear Dominator mounting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawaiianRevo

Hi guys, sorry for the new thread but I looked at the older ones and it didn't seem to answer my problem. I don't get far enough with the installation to have the bottom mount problem. The pipe is about 1/4 too far to the right when it is up against the left angled shock mount brace. I have a Modified RC rear bumper on the way so I'm hoping to avoid the lower brace issue. What can I do about the angled brace? Bending it isn't an option because it won't go that far. I would have to cut it out to make the pipe fit, or at least that is the way it looks to me. Any help would be appreciated. Don't really want to have to send the pipe back and what another couple of weeks but...

can you post up a few pics for clarity. if you search rear dom mount on HBF you ll find may threads that can help.

A photo would be the way to help here. I never had any other issues other then the brace and that was just too high and able to use a longer screw.

:helpsmilie:

Someone recommended loosening everything up and then fitting the pipe. I was trying with just the two lower supports removed. Anyway, with everything loose I was able to get the pipe mounted and it looks OK. It touches in a couple places, I'm hoping the new bumper will help. Thanks for the help!

G'day

Just bought a rear Dom for a 5T ( get it and car tomorrow ), the guy sais there is a slight tolerance issue fitting the pipe. He will send a diagram with the solution, I think it sounds like some "cut and tuck" job.

Anyway if it works I'll post the info

ps

The fix allowed for rear bumper to fit ????

Someone recommended loosening everything up and then fitting the pipe. I was trying with just the two lower supports removed. Anyway, with everything loose I was able to get the pipe mounted and it looks OK. It touches in a couple places, I'm hoping the new bumper will help. Thanks for the help!

They do touch unless you install the risers on the back roll cage supports.:(
This will raise the cage up and the pipe will not hit the top roll cage bar.

They do touch unless you install the risers on the back roll cage supports.:(
This will raise the cage up and the pipe will not hit the top roll cage bar.

BTB, the only place the pipe touches now is on the left angled shock tower brace but I have not seen a melting problem yet. Loads of room everywhere else. I was thinking of getting the risers from Modified RC but with the bumper I don't have an issue anymore. I am going to add some PTFE skid pads to the bottom of the bumper just so I don't scuff it up. Haven't figured out whether I want to screw them on or just use some double sticky tape (I have some industrial strength stuff that you would have to pry off).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks