Rear Springs Question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see on the first photo on the rear there still are 2 springs are these red springs one piece.or do you still have to use the standard smaller spring at the top on the rear.also will the red spring fit the fronts ok and what sort of differance does it make . is there still alot of give with the new red springs

yes stnd smaller top spring on rears. the reds are 20% stronger, but the same height at the rear lower spring. on the front shocks, the adjuster nut isnt very far from the bottom of the thread when it meets the red springs.
atm i have a set of rear shocks up front whith the red springs at the bottom position, with now preload and the buggy sits high and proud.

i ll post up some pix later today

i see thanks but one question . buy still using 2 springs on the rear lower spring 20% stiffer isnt the top small spring going to have more recoil .ie putting more stress on the top spring because that top spring is going to do more work now the bottom one is stiffer. as anyone tryed cutting down a spring so that the top spring matches the bottom one. if you leave it as it is by still using the standard small top spring then in my mind there is not going to be much change apart from more work for the top spring.was there any thought in making the spring i would of thought that they would of made the smaller spring to go with it even it it was only 15% stiffer would be much better then only doig the bottom one . or is that another hpi brain wave just to get more cash out of people . i just cant see how that would work maybe im missing something maybe all my 15 years working for volvo as a engineer perhaps i need to go and retrain

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks