Rear tires in front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the HPI section but I wanna get a collection of tires started for my Losi 5ive and my HPI 5T. In an effort to save a little money I wanted just buy 2 sets of rear tires for the front and back of 5t and 5ive. Can rear tires be used in the front of a 5t? I know it can on a 5ive. Or do I need to buy a front set just for the HPI? Not sure if there would be a steering issue or not on a HPI 5T?
Thanks

Or will HPI front and rears be ok for a Losi 5ive as well? I think the diameter is the same but not sure if the width is the same. Just don't want the 5ive to look tall in the back LOL

I know a couple guys that run rears on the front of their HPIs, not sure if it would be a great idea on the 5ive though...you'll have to address your gearing or power plant

I know a couple guys that run rears on the front of their HPIs, not sure if it would be a great idea on the 5ive though...you'll have to address your gearing or power plant

I've thought about it a little more, and think I'll just get front and rears. I had a closer look on my 5t and I guess fronts are thinner but can't quite tell if the diameter is the same. It may sound superficial but I'm wondering if front and rears for a 5T will look silly on a 5ive. I wanna be able to switch back and forth.

If you're looking at getting like hostile crushers or proline trencher type tires, I would say just run the "front" size for all...the 5ive runs the same size tires as the front for the HPI...since you're not running a buggy, (where you would expect a wider or larger tire in the rear) I wouldn't fret over it...the 5ive, (if I'm correct) would have offset issues with trying to run the rear HPI wheels and tires on. I am getting ready to head out to my shop to do some tinkering on the Losi...I will try it out, and take some clearance measurements for you

If you're looking at getting like hostile crushers or proline trencher type tires, I would say just run the "front" size for all...the 5ive runs the same size tires as the front for the HPI...since you're not running a buggy, (where you would expect a wider or larger tire in the rear) I wouldn't fret over it...the 5ive, (if I'm correct) would have offset issues with trying to run the rear HPI wheels and tires on. I am getting ready to head out to my shop to do some tinkering on the Losi...I will try it out, and take some clearance measurements for you

My Rampage MT has a set of ProLine Trenchers and they are for the Baja 5.
They are rear tires the whole set. Runs great and on the truck look really good.

The whole thought was originally I didn't want my 5ive to look silly. A serious truck should look serious. Right? If I purchased fronts and backs like I would for a 5T, would it look silly on a 5ive? Would the wider back wheels have clearance issues on the back of a 5ive? I've never purchased after market tires before. I wanna be able to switch a set of tires back and forth from 5t to 5ive and vice versa. That's my whole thought on it?

So is it all right to buy four tires that are rears or buy four tires that are made for the front?
The Idea is so I can rotate the tires to get more life out of them rather then buying only 2 at a time.

I purchased just front tires for the Losi 5 and HPI. That way I can use them for the Lsi 5ive T, HPI 5T, and LOSI DBXL. I was concerned it would look silly on the HPI but it looks fine.

Rear tire of hpi baja won't fit losi 5t. You will have steering issue as the wheel is too wide. I tested on my losi 5t and the rear wheel of baja fit nicely at the rear of losi but not the front of losi.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks