Rear wheel toe in "why"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrasb

What is the point of the rear drive wheels being toed in, is there some advantage to different surfaces you run on or what?
Anyway it drove me nuts whatching my buggy going away and coming back toward me pigeoned toed worse than i am "lol" so i switched sides on my hub carriers from left side to right and vice versa, now there straight.
Hopefully this is not a bad thing:helpsmilie:
My schedual this evening will hinder my response time so hang with me plz.

toe in just helps with baja trackin straight, on loose/sandy or hardpack/asphalt conditions. i have the one piece alloy hubs on mine with 2 degree toe. for most apps, a 2 degree is all thats needed.

toe in just helps with baja trackin straight, on loose/sandy or hardpack/asphalt conditions. i have the one piece alloy hubs on mine with 2 degree toe. for most apps, a 2 degree is all thats needed.

+1.
Don't know if changing to 1 degree makes it more stable, or +3 more pointy, squirty.
There's always an optimum. I'm sure they've got the best compromise on it.

Changing the FRONTS is the big difference - between ploughing on, or snapping the back around (toe out, to toe in).

Al.

most all the trucks come set with 2 degree, the bugies usually 3. not always, the closer to zero the more squirrely it is, 2 degree is just nuff for loose dirt offroad situations. 3 would be for really loose like sand. helps the vehicle stay straight and more controlable.

but a t1000 comes standard with 2 degree, mine did when i compared it to a alloy sets shims, but then i decided to go with hostile one piece hubs in rear and you HAVE to know what toe ya want, theyre not changeable, theyre made at whatever degree you want, i have 2 degree on mine.

Not sure what degree my toe in was but it is straight now, had about 2 mins to run it in my backyard afterwards but to prove any difference well there are to maney trees "lol" and a very small yard. Hopefully tomorrow or next i will get to fields I usally run in to see if there is a difference and I will let all know what I encounter. Thanks "Lan-Ed-Tul"-"atom3624"

if you ever decide to go with stronger rear hubs get the set of hostile hubs. and if your just kickin it around out in the yard or maybe a dirt track or something similar, the 2 degree hubs are what you will want for that.

there are other multi piece rear alloy hubs around i had a set of them too, they come with 1, 2, and 3 degree shims, so you CAN change out the degree of toe when you wish

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks