Rebel Racing now sponsored by Nutech Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

First I want it to be known I will never sell or totally quite racing my 5b SS!!!!!!! I have been talking to Ben Zhang of Netech Racing for some time now. We struck a deal and I will be racing and testing the Nutech Thunderbolt II Pro Race kit which hopefully will be shipped next week with some other parts they want me to test. One of the parts I will be testing are wheel adopters where I can run HPI baja wheels on the Thunderbolt II. I all so will be getting support from the US distributor of Netech Willy Compton of C-4 Electronics and Hobbies / Nutech Racing. Nutech is making two very nice 4 wheel drive large scale trucks and a on road with a Mustang body.

I will post current pictures when I receive my kit.

After some delays do to updates my TBII Pro Race kit should be in the mail in the next couple of days. I will post pictures when I get it and as I am building it. I hope to get some videos of it on a track but still learning on how to edit and post them. LOL

Revived a email from Ben Zhang at Nutech and my TBII Racer will be shipping tomorrow with some other items they want me to test including but limited to adapters to run HPI baja wheels. :)

I guess in a way you could say most RC vehicles are clones as they have many things in common. No I would not consider Nutech a clone any more then I would many others. Nutech dose more testing not only at the factory but by testers around the world and takes most of the suggestions and improve there vehicles which most small companies just keep putting out the same vehicles with the same problems. I have never seen so much RD from a small company.

At one time the Thunderbolt and other items where made by another company not sure which one but now they make all their own stuff. I think Nutech is on there way up and will be a common name in large scale RC before long.

I received a email with a tracking number from Ben today and my TBII Pro Race is in the mail. He all so included wheel adapters to run HPI Baja wheels, billet air filter and a billed exhaust can to test.

I all ready have a Lauterbacher 4 shoe off road adjustable clutch, Multiplex RHINO Digi 4 Steering Servo, Outerware Crankcase/Flywheel Cover, DDM Metal Starter Pawl for it. I have sever other items I need to get but hope fully will have the founds for them in the next couple of weeks.

I have several engines I either need to get off my butt and build or I have a new stock CY 26 as well.

Here are a few pictures Ben included in the email he sent me today while he was packing it.

MyTBIIreadytoshipA.gif

MyTBIIreadytoshipB.gif

MyTBIIreadytoshipC.gif

MyTBIIreadytoshipD.gif

is nutech a clone of some brand or its original!

the titan, thunderbolt1 and hurricane C5 were built by smartech who originally started cloning FG's years ago...duratrax bought their firehammers from smartech...
the titan, C5(same as titan but with upgrades exclusive to FGsupply) and thunderbolt1 are not clones but were an an original design by smartech...not based on fg either as the motor is tilted and reversed...nutech is a branch off of smartech but run totally independantly with their own new designs, Chris who started nutech is the son of the owner of smartech...nutech has their own new factory, machine tools and molds and component designs...the new tb2 and MT are similar in layout to the old smartechs but I don't think there's many parts that will cross over if any..the nutechs are a huge, huge improvement over the old tb1 etc

so the answer is nutech trucks are not clones of any specific vehicle but have the same layout as the old smartechs...take a gander at all the nitro buggies out there...they all look the same but are their own design...there are some clones but i'm talking major manufacturers here.
the rampage looks like and mcd in layout but is not a clone of one like the FS

there are only so many ways or layouts to build a vehicle so undoubtably similarities will always occur

I checked my tracking number this morning like I have been since the 18th when my TBII Pro Racer was shipped and it said still in New York. A couple hours later there was a knock on the door.

TBIIArrivalA.gif

TBIIArrivalB.gif

TBIIArrivalC.gif

Items they want me to check out and test.
TestItems.gif

I was in the process of taking my TBII Pro Racer all apart to change the diff oil. Received and email from Chris of Nutech and found out the diff oil that came in it from the factory is REAL close to what I deiced to start with. Only difference was the front and to start with I think I am going to go with what is in it.

On shock oil I am use to 10,20,30 weight, Chris told me it came with 1K. How does this compare to what I am use to?

Place two orders yesterday and hope to place another one Friday. Need to get in touch with Kent at Killer RC to see if he has the kill switch I want in stock and hopefully I will have everything I need to put it together. Will keep all posted.

I picked up another partial sponsor and would like to thank Kent of Killer RC! Been using his kill switches since he uses to be PB kill switches and they have worked flawlessly. He all so has some other great products like his LIFE batteries.

I have received 3 of my orders I need to get my TBII PR running and waiting for one more that should be here today. I have taken all most all the way apart checked it out and did some up grades line bearings instead of bushings in the steering bell as well as shimmed it.

I all so relocated a screw that holds right rock guard on as it was rubbing on the fuel tank. This will all so help to be able to take the rock guard off with out having to remove the fuel tank. I have been in touch with Chris at Nutech and on the production model this will be done at the factory. Keep in mind this is a test model.
DSCF3473.gif
DSCF3475.gif
I took bits and pieces I have laying around and have the engine ready everything but the screw to hold the clutch on. It is just basically a stock CY 26. I have some other engines I am working a 28.5 and a 30.5 but wanted to start stock. Took a little doing to get the Outerware case filter on do the the engine mount.
engineA.gif
engineD.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks