Rebuild Help Needed on stock KM 30.5 Top End

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman95

So my first motor died a sad death after 1 gallon and now I have a tasty Zenoah 290 putting down power like a boss but I want to rebuild my stock 30.5. It is readily apparent I need a head and piston as the intake port opening on the head where it touches the piston has some distortion and the piston has a gouge part way down the side. I'd like to just rebuild this motor to stock or slightly better shape, can someone give me a list of recommended parts and tricks to complete this task?

Thanks!

Really figured a lot of guys would jump in here...
Well, it depends on the application, and what type of money you're wanting to put into this. I would say if you're looking at just doing like a back up engine, it might be about as cost effective to buy a CY or Zen whole. If you were thinking of turning this into a boat engine I can help you out for parts, tips, as info. Same for using it with an air prop application(airboat or plane)...if piston, ring, and head is all you need, you might port it and use it on your kit again...let me know your plans, and I will try to help you out

Jaygreig,
Thanks for the response. I have a KM Baja 5B and the stock motor took a dump as stated above. I'm pretty sure all I need is the head/piston kit (not sure which one to get). I'd like to just make this a back up motor to my Zenoah290 so i'm not looking to dump a ton of money into an expensive head although I want to do this right. I'm guessing the stock crack is a +2 (30mm) because KM claims this is a 30.5cc motor. I'm going to pull the case apart too and change the bearings, just for the hell of it to learn more about how the engines go together/how to work on them. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks